Chapter Eighteen

"So, wanna go get ice cream?" Ronan asked me as we drove around the corner of 426 Skyward Drive. One of his hands were on the steering wheel, the other hung out the window. His lip was pulled up in a slight sneer, as the car in front of us was blasting music quite loudly. His eyes seemed a bit brighter than normal, and his nose is scrunched up. He is absolutely adorable...
"(Y/N)? Hello...?"
I jump a bit, and apologize, "S-Sorry, Ronan. Um, yeah, ice cream sounds good."
Ronan laughed. "Did you get distracted by my striking good looks?" He flashed a smile.
I felt my face heat up. "No, obviously not. Why would I ever."
I crossed my arms and looked back out the window. My heart was racing a bit, and my neck felt hot. He's pulling your leg, (Y/N). Don't buy it.
"Well," he continued, "I wouldn't mind if you did. Might mean I have a chance."
Dang it.
"Y-You..." I cut myself off so I don't make a fool of myself. Ronan thinks just because he is handsome and cute and stuff that he can say stuff like that. Well... I kind of agree.
We pull into the ice cream shop's parking lot and get out. The place was called "Jack the Dipper's", and was pretty empty, not counting the loitering kids in the front. Ronan held the door open for me and we walked in. So many colors...
It was decorated in a lot of pastel colors. I looked back to Ronan. He already seemed annoyed. Perfect.
"Wow, Bird Boy, I didn't realize how much you liked places like this."
"Ha ha, order your ice cream, weirdo."
I stuck my tongue out at him and ordered my ice cream of choice. We sat down at one of the many tables and started eating our ice cream.
     "For a place so big, it sure does seem empty," I said as I stole some of Ronan's ice cream. He gave a me dirty look and stole my whole cup. Oh it's on.
     I lunge for my ice cream, but he holds it high above his head to where I can't reach it. I huff and smack his arm in annoyance.
     "Give me a kiss, and I'll give it back."
     The request made my heart flutter and made my face red. Was he really asking me to do this? What a child.
     I quickly kiss his cheek and grab my ice cream from him. He starts laughing, to which I hit him on the arm.
     "What?! It was cute!"
     "Shut up!"