Chapter 2

“I think I got the whole scene recorded Miranda,” Lisa said excitedly as she lay on my bed next to me.

I was on my laptop researching good summer jobs I can take on, but my chances were becoming slim. There weren’t any jobs which caught my eye and Lisa wasn’t making it easy.

“Miranda look at this part. The man you pushed went flying!”

“It was all your fault Lisa,” Lisa rolled her eyes before pulling her laptop lid down.

“At least you wouldn’t be back in that university again. So no one is going to laugh.”

“Yes, but that doesn’t mean I want to be remembered for pushing someone into the fountain and falling inside myself.”

“It’s too late Miranda it happened so move on.”

“I am trying to find a job and you are distracting me Lisa.” Lisa leaned closer to see the websites I was looking through.

“Have you tried hospitality? You can be a waitress for now.”

“Good idea Lisa but I don’t know if I can be a waitress.”

“How come?”

“I am scared of dropping some plates and get laughed at.”

The last thing I needed was being
another joke of a day and besides I am generally a clumsy person. I would hate for people to see my clumsy side.

“Okay, why not work in a clothing store?” Lisa suggested as she pointed out a Debenhams recruitment advert at the side.

“I don’t know. I just can’t see myself working in one.”

“Why not try McDonalds,” Lisa gave me a smirk as I started to glare at her.

“Be serious! I need a job I am comfortable doing for a while till I find my dream job!”

Lisa stared at me quietly for a bit before pulling out her phone.

“Well I saw a job advert a few days ago which might be good for you, but I don’t know if you want to
work there.”

“Show me I am desperate.”

“Umm okay,” Lisa got the advert up on her phone and showed it to me, “See this company is called
Rise-Right and they are looking for confident graduates who want to work as a personal assistance.”

“Seems good…”

“Your communication has to be on point and organisation skills have to be good too. I am sure you
can do this,” I smiled at Lisa but then started to remember.

“What if I am told to do something and I get really clumsy? What if I embarrass myself? What if-“

“-Your 21 not 100 years old. Stop worrying about being shaky. You will get better as you go but you
are going to have to start shaky. That is the whole point developing in work.

I nodded as I opened the application form on my laptop.

“You are a legend. Might have pissed me off earlier but you are actually a legend.”

“I know,” Lisa got of my bed before grabbing her laptop and leaving my room.

*

We all sat together in the dining room and had our dinner. Mum and Dad kept talking about us falling into the fountain.

“I saw other parents starring. I can’t believe you girls!” Mum complained as she twisted her spaghetti around her folk.

“Mum, Miranda tried to throw me in because she bumped into a random man.”

“You made me bump into him!”

“Quiet!” Dad shouted silencing the two of us completely.

“At least I helped you find a job,” Lisa said as she gave me a smirk.

“A job?” My mum asked, and I nodded.

“I need a job and if I am being honest Lisa actually helped me out.”

“So what job are we talking about?” Dad asked as he placed his folk and knife down.

“Personal assistant.”

“That is a good start,” Mum said as she smiled at me and Dad nodded.

“Fingers crossed you get the position sweetheart,” Dad said with a smile. “Trust me on this. Whenever my fingers are crossed it works.”

“And mine,” Mum said attempting to cross her fingers.

“It works more with me,” Dad stated and we all laughed and finished of our dinner.

Later, in the evening I sat out on the balcony and looked through my Facebook. All my friends from
school and new friends from university seemed to know what they want to do during summer. They had it planned. Me on the other hand had no guarantees.

I was still clueless.

I let out a loud a sigh and just as I was about to turn my phone off it vibrated.

It was an email from Rise-Right. I opened the email feeling shocked at the fast reply:

Dear Miranda, we are delighted to confirm that you have been selected to attend an interview for
the personal assistance for private workers.

Date: 14/5/2019

Location: 21 Barking street Side N1 876

Time: 14:25

Please check and ensure you have the right documents before attending. Make sure that you report to the reception and let a member of staff know you have arrived.

We look forward to meeting you
soon Miranda.

I stood up from my seat and started doing the backpack kid dance.

“Yes! Yes! I knew my CV was
bomb as hell!” I started spinning around and attempting to brake dance which honestly made me
look like I was having a fit.

But who cares!

“I CAN’T BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN INVITED TO AN INTERVIEW!”

I then decided to shout out my success seeing as no one was around. Well that is what I thought.

“MUM, DAD, LISA I GOT AN INTERVIEW IN A COUPLE OF DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! CAN I GET A
HOYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

“If you don’t SHUT THE HELL UP I am going to call the police because you are causing a racket!”

I looked down to see an old lady standing in front of my house in her pyjamas.

“I am sorry.”

“Sorry my ass,” I gasped before rushing inside to my bedroom.

Nothing can put me in a bad mood. Not even a moody old lady.

Thank you, guys, for reading. Next chapter will be coming out soon!!!!