Chapter 26

I felt cold and my body was shaking. I was shivering. I could feel something shaking me.

"Oh God! Please!"

Someone was shaking me.

I felt lips touch mine. It wasn't as romantic as it seemed. The lips on mine felt desperate.

It wasn't a kiss.

This person was trying to save me.

They were blowing air into me. Making sure my lungs worked.

Then I felt it.

The sudden urge to vomit. I quickly sat up before rolling to the side to vomit.

After I was done I tried to stand up but I was wobbly on my feet.

"I think you need to sit," I looked down to see who saved me. It was Richard.

Richard was standing up, his hands were out to help me.

"No I... I need to go home," I croaked.

"No you need a doctor."

"I am... Fine," I looked around the grass before finding my phone.

I grabbed it before shoving it in my drenched pocket.

I looked down at my eggs which now looked like someone had deliberately stamped on them.

"Miranda," I slowly started walking away. "Let me drive you."

"Please... I will...walk," Richard grabbed my arm gently before pulling me towards him. "I can drive you."

I stopped before nodding slowly. I could feel the bile starting to rise up my throat.

"Wait," I turned around before bending over and throwing up again.

Richard helped pull my hair back before gently rubbing my back. I managed to take a breathe in.

"Please... go."

"Fuck no," I couldn't help but groan at his stubbornness. This was disgusting and I didn't need him seeing me like this.

I stood up straight and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand before allowing Richard to pull me to his car.

The drive was quiet. "Dear God I was scared. I thought you were going to die."

"Thank you for coming."

"You don't need to thank me. Mirannoying."

"Richardtarded," I whispered as I tried to sit up properly.

I looked down at my hands, "Who did this?" Richard asked

"I just fell," I answered quickly. I didn't have the energy to tell the whole story.

"Okay but I heard someone like a child on the phone?"

I frowned, "What child?"

I remembered the children at the park. It just didn't make any sense how they used my phone.

They couldn't have done it.

But they could have pulled the dog out.

You pushed the dog up but someone pulled it out.

If they got the dog out why would they try and drown me.

They wouldn't have been able to.

They couldn't have been that strong.

"Miranda," I looked up to see we had reached my house.

"Thank you," I reached to open the door but it was locked. "Unlock it."

"Who was the child?" I frowned. "I don't know."

"Because this child told me to not call the ambulance."

What?

"I honestly don't know."

"Okay so your telling me a random kid unlocked your phone and out of all the numbers on your phone picked mine, then proceeded to cry on the phone, warning me not to call the police, before just leaving your phone on the grass."

"Honestly I don't know. I didn't hear anyone making the call."

"That means during the phone call you were in the river. "

"I think so."

"So you got out and then started talking to me on the phone it-"

"Look two children were arguing over a dog. Then the dog got away and ran into the river. I went in to grab the dog but someone kept pushing me down. The dog was pulled out by someone. I could feel the dog being lifted from my grip. I couldn't get out because someone held me down. Someone did this to me."

I was breathing hard at this point but I wasn't done.

"Ever since I started working for you I got notes which threatened me, my dad ended up in the hospital, my sister just ate grapes which were probably poisoned, my neighbours dog was killed and now someone is trying to kill me. If only I listened when you told me to not work for you."

Richard let out a bitter laugh, "Wow so your now going to push this on me."

"You didn't want me work for you and I got notes telling me not to work for you."

"So I-"

"Someone is mad. Someone is so mad that I never listened."

"Look I don't know who this-"

"Olivia Ketley," Richards face turned pale and his eyes widened.

"Miranda."

"Who is she?"

"It doesn't matter."

"She was found dead in a park. That could have been me today. Olivia also worked for you," I said with anger. 

"Let's forget it."

"Forget what? The fact that I nearly died or Olivia Ketley."

"She doesn't matter anymore," I started pulling on the car door handle.

"Let me out you bastard."

"Can we just figure out what happened and make sense of it?"

"Open the door before I break it!"

Richard unlocked it and I opened it before getting out.

"I never realised how cold you are," I slammed the door shut and rushed over to the front door.

The door opened and standing by it was Lisa. She allowed me inside before shutting the door.

"Are you okay?  Ewe why are you wet?" Lisa asked.

"I went for a swim."

Lisa nodded slowly, "Your lucky I feel too sick to interrogate you."

"How is dad?" I asked as we walked up the stairs.

"Well he and mum are sleeping and he said he is not mad at you. He said it 1000 times."

"I know."

"He is scared thats all."

"I know."

Me and Lisa walk into my bedroom before sitting on my bed.

"Can I stay here for tonight?"

"You can but why?" I asked with confusion.

"I don't have a reason."

"Well okay."

We both got changed into our pajamas before getting into bed.

I slowly felt myself loosing consciousness.