Chapter 23

Cause of death: Strangulation.

I sat by my bedroom window waiting for him.

Olivia Ketley had told her parents she was going for a walk.

I started biting my nails as I spotted his car making its way to the front of my house.

Her phone crushed beside her lifeless body.

I put some lip gloss on before making my way down the stairs.

Her dress had been pulled up but there was no sign of sexual assault.

I stood in front of the door. Waiting for the knock.

She was a lovely girl.

I stood still as I heard footsteps make their way to the door.

She will be greatly missed.

Then a knock.

Unfortunately she will be forgotten. Just like any other person.

I opened the door.

"Wow Miranda you look nice!" I smiled at Peter as I pulled the door wide open allowing him in.

"You look great too. Come in," I escorted Peter into the living room only to see Dad sleeping on the couch.

I couldn't help but frown. Lisa had failed me. She was supposed to make sure Dad and Mum stayed upstairs or went out for a bit.

"Let's go to my room," I said quietly and Peter nodded.

I led him to my room before offering him a seat on the nearest chair.

"Okay so what is the plan today?" Peter asked me as he sat down.

I sat on my bed before pulling out the newspaper article that Lisa gave me to me.

"Here," I handed the newspaper article to Peter and he took it before rubbing his chin.

"Miranda... How did you find this?"

"It doesn't matter how I found it what matters is what really happened with Olivia and Richard."

Peter stood up and scrunched the article into a ball before dropping it to the ground. He then stepped on it.

"Look, I came here to hang out with you. I wanted us to finish the bucket list. I didn't come here to be quized."

I looked Peter in the eye, "You almost told me the truth and I left you."

Peter's eyes widened, "What truth?"

"The truth about it all. About Richard killing Olivia and-"

Peter moved closer to me before putting his hand over my mouth, "Sshhh!" I pushed him off.

"I don't have to be quiet in my house!"

"Well I don't want anyone to hear your crazy assumptions," Peter left my side and made his way towards the door but I reached for his hand.

Peter froze as I laced our fingers together. I pulled him towards my bed and made him sit next to me.

"Do you care about me?" Peter let out a breath. He tightened his grip on my hand.

"I care about you a lot Miranda. More than anything. I just can't tell you everything you want to know."

"What if you know something that can put me in danger?"

Peter let my hand go before pulling me into a hug, "If I am not telling you something then it means that it's not a danger to you."

I pulled away, "Promise me Peter because I am worried."

Peter held his pinky finger and I did the same, "I promise."

We linked our fingers together before hugging again.

The door opened and Lisa walked in, "I don't feel well Miranda," She sounded out of breath.

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

Lisa walked to me and gave me an envelope before rushing off.  The envelope was grey. And had a weird black scribble design all over it.

Peter stared at the envelope. "Open it. I am curious." I slowly opened it and pulled out a note.

I held my breath as my eyes scanned over the note:

It's not only because you never listened to me. It's because you have something that isn't yours. You have something that belongs to me. My property. To make it fair you will loose something important. I tried to get you out of work but it didn't succeed.

I folded the note quickly while Peter looked worried, "I have to go Miranda." Peter walked out of my room. I chased him down the stairs.

"Why now?" I asked suspiciously. Peter turned around his hand resting on the door front lock.

"Because I...I care and I have to do something."

"Wait you know something?" I had finally got to him.

"I can't say anything now. Your just going to have to trust me on this."

With that said Peter left my house.