Chapter 17

"Can you let go? I am okay," Dad begged. I was practically laying on him with my arms wrapped around his neck. That was because Lisa gave me the impression that Dad was about to die.

Lisa: Quickly come.

Me: I am on the way.

Lisa: He is still unconscious!

I pulled away from my dad and helped sort out the pillows to support his head and neck. "Miranda wanted to kill me there."

"We are glad you are okay sweetheart," Mum said as she gave dad a peck on the cheek. She reached for his hand and I couldn't help hut smile at the affection.

Lisa looked grossed out.

"I will be home tomorrow. The doctors just want to check to make sure I am gucci,". Dad explained with a smirk.

"Eww dad no one uses the word gucci like that," Lisa said causing me to laugh.

Dad shook his head before turning to look at me. "My tyres have never messed me up like this Miranda..."

"Don't start," Mum said as she let go of dad's hand.

"I saw someone by the car. I wasn't even surprised because it seems like Miranda is bringing work to our home!"

No. Just Peter.

I moved closer to dad, "I will find out who did this. Have the police spoken to you?"

"Yes. They said to check my tyres properly before driving. I wouldn't be driving again because my car is ruined."

I took my dad's hand, "You can use mum's car. Right mum?"

"What's mine is his Miranda."

"Wait what about me and Miranda," Lisa said.

Mum rolled her eyes before taking dad's hand from mine.

After a while we left dad who had fallen asleep. Mum drove us home in silence.

The minute I got home I ran upstairs to my room and changed into a short summer dress. I wore my flats before grabbing a small bag.

I had two minutes left so I went and sat on the balcony waiting for Peter.

It didn't take long before I saw his car coming towards my house. I waited until he was standing right in front of the pole. I stood up and walked to the pole before sliding down it.

When I landed I posed.

Peter smiled and offered me his hand. I took it and we walked to his car.

Once we were inside his car Peter turned to me, "Where are we going?"

"We are going to Sunrealway," I said with a big smile. Peter frowned.

"What the hell is Sunrealway?"

"It's a shopping centre but no one really goes there. It would be easy for us to stay in overnight without anyone noticing."

Peter nodded before starting the engine. I put the location of the Sunrealway onto Peter's GPS.

"Let's start this journey."

*

Peter parked the car before we both got out. "Let's go through the back because the front doors would be locked. Back door is for overnight staff," I quickly explained.

We both ran around the building and to the back before pushing the door and getting inside.

I grabbed Peter's hand and we ran through the shopping centre.

Me and Peter laughed as we quickly made our way towards the escalators.

We ran up the escalators and across the corridor. Then we stopped at the black door. The important door.

I turned to face Peter, "Are you ready?"

"Yes," I pushed the door open to see white stairs. We both climbed up these stairs to the top. The roof.

We sat ourselves down. "We are not actually going to stay on the roof all night right?" I could tell Peter felt uneasy up here.

"Why would I make us stay here all night?"

"For fun."

"I think there are better ways for us to have fun than fall to our deaths," Peter smiled and looked down at his hands.

Then he grabbed my hand.

"Tell me about you," Peter said.

"There is nothing interesting to know," I said and Peter frowned.

"I am sure there is," I stared at our hands together feeling embarrassed.

"What do you like?"

You.

"I like listening to music," Peter smiled at my response. "People get shocked when they hear the artists that I listen to."

"What artist do you listen to," I couldn't help but giggle. I was starting to feel awkward.

I pretended to look around, "You can't ever tell anyone. Even though we don't really know a lot of the same people."

"I won't tell."

"James Arthur and Lewis Capaldi," Peter looked at me quietly.

"That's not shocking!"

"You don't get it."

"No I do," Peter paused for a bit. "It's because you are black. People may think you listen to grime and rap songs. But honestly you don't seem like the type anyways."

"How can you tell I don't?"

"Well for starters you haven't called me bro once or used the word init..." I laughed and Peter chuckled.

"What type of music do you listen to you?" I asked

"I like instrumental music."

"Do you have a certain song you like?"

"There are some instrumental songs I hear in movies and it is amazing. I can't pick a favourite. My dad always listens to instrumental music and I love it."

"Maybe we can listen to it together sometime," I suggested while given his hand a squeeze.

"Along with all the James Arthur and Lewis Capaldi songs too," I laugh with Peter.

"Maybe we can convert each other," I said while still laughing.

Peter chuckled as he pulled out his phone. He got his camera out and held it in front of himself.

We both smiled and he took the picture.

It looked cute.

I stood up on the roof and Peter did the same. I wrapped my arms around his neck before giving him a kiss on his nose.

"Let's go inside Peter. The place is ours tonight."