Chapter 7

R I L E Y   R E Y N O L D S

I was at Billie's house again for the third or fourth time this week. And yet, I still hadn't met any of the other members of her family. Her brother Finneas wasn't living at home anymore, and her parents were always out of the house working, or otherwise. But I'm honestly okay with it. I'm not exactly the "meet the parents" type.

Billie was sitting in my lap, her phone in her lap playing The Office, each of us with one earbud in. It was the episode where Dwight lights a fire in the office, and both of us were laughing our asses off. Out of the blue, my phone started ringing. It was Xavier.

"Hold on, Bil, I gotta take this," I said, kinda pushing her off of me. She pouted at me, but I continued to get up. I accepted the call. "What's up, Xav?"

"Can you tell me what happened at the deal on Monday? Cause Sam and Eric are telling me that you refused to give them what they paid for." Sam and Eric. Those must be the two jerk-wads who beat me up. Assholes.

"Hold on, hold on. First of all, they didn't pay me shit. They refused to pay, in fact. Secondly, they jumped me and pulled a gun on me. So I didn't do anything wrong. You can tell them that they can shove it up their asses."

"They're telling me that you beat them up."

"It was self-defense! What was I supposed to do? Sit there and take it? And there was two of them. How in the hell would I even do that?"

"Look, I believe you, it's just that I know they have some friends from Silver Lake that aren't afraid to fight dirty. And I don't want you getting hurt."

"I know."

"Just be careful, okay? Love you, sis. Oh, and before I forget, I'm having a kickback later if you wanna stop by. Bring whoever."

"Alright. Love you too, bro." Of course, we weren't actually siblings, but we acted like it. And he's basically a brother to me. I hung up and faced Billie, who was waiting patiently on the couch for me to be done. "Sorry, baby, that was important." She continued pouting and grumbled. "Aw, are you mad at me? Do you want me to make it up to you?"

Her face immediately changed when I said this. "Yes please." I sat back down on the couch next to her and began kissing her. I held her face lightly with my right hand, my left going down to her waist. Billie was soon straddling me, lightly grinding into my lap. I bit down lightly on her lower lip and she moaned ever so softly. Right at that moment, the front door to her house opened. She quickly got off my lap and onto the opposite side of the couch, trying to make it seem like we weren't just making out a second ago.

I looked at the door and a guy with reddish hair and a girl with dark hair were in the house. I assumed this was Finneas, Billie's brother, and his lady friend, who I did not know the name of.

"Hey, Bil and friend," he said, looking at us a little strangely.

"Hey, Finn," Billie said back, her face a little flushed. "Uh, this is Riley. Riley, you know Finneas, and that's Claudia."

"Hey," I said, waving a little bit.

"Oh, so this is Riley. Nice to meet you, Billie can't shut up about you," he said, which made Billie blush and hide her head in her hoodie. "We'll be in my room." They both walked off, leaving Bil and me alone again.

"They seem nice," I said, sort of sarcastically.

"Shut the fuck up," she said back, taking her head out of her sweatshirt.

"Xav's having a party later, you wanna come with me?"

"I don't really like parties."

"Neither do I, but I want company."

"Mmk," she said and crawled back over to where I was sitting, snuggling up to me. I kissed the top of her head and we continued watching The Office.

A/N
I know this is short, don't kill me, but I haven't updated in a while and I just wanted to put something out.
Also if you get the Sam and Eric reference I appreciate you and your love for classic American Literature.