Chapter 9

B I L L I E   E I L I S H

I woke up suddenly to what sounded like coughing. I felt to my left, and Riley wasn't there. I looked at the clock on the nightstand, it was 2:53. As I woke up a little bit more, I realized the coughing wasn't coughing, but throwing up. Shit, was Riley okay?

I got out of bed and threw on a shirt from the ground, making my way to the bathroom where the door was cracked and the light was on. By the time I got there, the retching had stopped.

I lightly knocked on the door and whispered "Ry, are you okay? Can I come in?" I heard a small hum in response, so opened the door softly. There Riley was, on the ground, sitting against the wall, wearing some sweats. Her eyes were wet and she looked really tired. "Mamas, what's going on?"

"My stomach was hurting so I couldn't sleep... and then I had to barf... so I did. Sorry I woke you up, baby." she said quietly. She seemed really out of it.

I crouched down in front of her as she closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the wall. "Do you wanna come back to bed?"

"No, I'll just end up back in here. Go back to bed, Billie, I'll be fine."

"I can't sleep cause you throwing up is really loud."

"Sorry," she said, opening her eyes to look at me.

"Don't apologize, Riley. If you need anything, call me, okay?" She nodded. I stood up and walked back out of the bathroom. I laid back down in bed and immediately heard her throwing up again. My poor baby.

-----

I don't remember falling asleep, but I must have at some point because I woke up when the clock said 4:42. Riley wasn't next to me. I went into the bathroom again, and she was passed out on the bath mat. I gently shook her awake.

"Hey, how you feelin'?" Riley didn't respond. Instead, she propped herself up against the wall and clutched her stomach. She then leaned over and emptied the contents of her stomach into the toilet. "Guess there's my answer..." I said quietly, rubbing her back. When she finished, Riley leaned her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. "You tired?" She nodded.

"But every time I wake up I wanna throw up so... I just decided not to sleep."

"How long you been up, mamas?"

"I don't know. What time is it?"

"Almost five."

"Mmm. I guess, like, two and a half hours then."

"You should come to bed."

"Not yet, Billie. I still feel sick," she said, her eyes still closed.

"Then imma stay in here with you."

"No, baby, I don't want you to lose sleep cause of me. I also don't want to get you sick."

"I don't care, I'm staying."

"No, if you stay, I'm going to throw up on you."

"Ew, the fuck? If you throw up on me, imma throw up on you." Riley laughed when I said this, her eyes still closed and her head still on my shoulder. We just stayed like that, and after a while, her breathing evened out, and she was asleep. I lightly kissed her forehead, which was hot, so she must have a fever as well.

Pretty soon, my eyelids felt heavy too, so I leaned back on the wall and let myself drift off.

-----

"Bil. Billie. C'mon, wake up, let's go to bed."

I groaned. For Riley whispering, she was really loud.

"You done throwing up?"

"I think so, and I'm really tired, so hurry up."

"Fine, help me up," I said, making grabby hands at her. She helped me up off the floor and we made our way back to the bedroom, where we both laid down and immediately fell back asleep.

A/N
This was short.
Let me just start out by saying a big fat SORRY. I've been sUpEr unmotivated and busy and I haven't updated in a brick. Also, y'all are comin in clutch with the votes. PS I've somehow stayed off Wattpad for a long ass time, and I don't even know what's happening. I'll try to update more, but I'm not gonna lie to y'all, I don't know if it'll be soon or not.