Chapter 10

R I L E Y R E Y N O L D S

I woke up groggy and groaning. My mouth was dry and I felt weak. I fucking hate being sick.

"Billie..." I said tiredly, finally opening my eyes. I was hoping to see Billie laying next to me, but she wasn't there. She was in the kitchen, rummaging around my fridge for food.

"Riley, you up?" she said, looking around the fridge door at me. Aw, she was wearing my shirt.

"Obviously..." I quietly groaned, putting my head back on the pillow and closing my eyes. I was so tired, and right now, I just felt like dying.

"Ay, is this pudding vegan?"

"Huh...?"

"It says 'Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Pudding'. Is it vegan, I wanna eat it."

"Uhh, pretty sure but you might wanna check the ingredients."

I heard some stuff moving around in the fridge, then heard it close. There was some more moving around, and I felt the bed dip beside me.

"Hey, how you feelin'?" Billie asked, and I heard her open the pudding cup and begin to eat. I turned my head so it wasn't face down in the pillow, and looked at her. She was casually eating the pudding, MY pudding.

"Fucking fantastic." She just looked at me as she spooned more pudding into her mouth. "How's the pudding?"

"Amazing. You want some?" I gave her a 'bitch please' look. The thought of food right now repulsed me. My stomach was empty, but I wasn't anywhere near hungry.

"No, dumbass," I said, shoving my head back into the pillow. Billie finished the pudding, scraped it out and put the empty cup on the nightstand next to her. I felt her settle under the covers and scoot closer to me.

"But for real, mamas, how you feelin'?" she asked again, this time more genuine.

I sighed internally and turned to look at her. "Weak. I fucking hate it."

She stretched her hand out and put it on my forehead. "You gotta thermometer?"

"Yeah, I think so, in the medicine cabinet above the sink." Billie got up, and I watched as she went into the bathroom and came back with a thermometer.

"Open wide..." she said, dragging out the word.

"I know how to use a thermometer, give it." She handed it to me, and I stuck it under my tongue. After a little bit, it beeped rapidly, and before I could take it out of my mouth, Billie had taken it out for me and was staring at the tiny screen.

"105.3. That's really high. Riley, you should go to the hospital. Or at least heal yourself."

"No no no no no no, no hospitals. Nuh uh. No sir."

"Okay, chill, just work your magic and bippity-boppity yourself. You can do that, right?"

"I can, but I'm not gonna. I'm so fucking weak and tired, I might just kill myself if I try to use my powers."

"So, the hospital then?"

"NO! You know why we can't go there."

"So what do you want me to do then?"

"Shut the fuck up and go get more blankets."

Billie grumbled and got up. "I'm calling my mom."

"Why?"

"You're annoying when you're sick and she'll know what to do."

B I L L I E E I L I S H

As I was grabbing a blanket from Riley's closet, I pulled out my phone and called my mom. She picked up after a few rings.