Chapter 11

Recap - Jwala falls sick

*Flashback ahead*

"Fast. Take her to the operation theatre" Jwala shouted. A girl , almost 12 years old lay in a pool of blood.

"Doctor. They haven't paid the amount yet. We can't do operation now" the nurse said.

"Why are you people behaving like this? She needs an immediate operation. Else she will die. It's emergency" Jwala said.

"We can't do the operation until the senior doctor comes"

"Is money more important than a life. ?"Jwala asked. Everyone remained silent. The girl shouted in pain. Her parents stood, helplessly crying at their fate.

"God she's dying." Jwala shouted.

"Sorry doctor we can't do anything. You are new here. That's why you won't understand"the nurse said.

"Take her to the operation theatre" a voice came from behind. Jwala turned back and saw him glaring at others.

"Doctor Aakash?" Jwala said.

"Take her to the operation theatre NOW" he said.

"But doctor" the nurse intruppted.

"If the same thing happens to your daughter will you keep quiet?" He asked

Everyone became silent.

"Stop seeing medical system as a business. Take her to the operation theatre. I'll take the blame" he said. Others nodded and followed his instructions.

They took the girl inside the operation.

"Your daughter is completely out of danger. Don't worry. It will take time for her to recover completely. But she'll be fine within few weeks" jwala said to that girl's parents. Once the operation was done. They joined their palms and smiled with relief.

"Thank you so much Doctor. We Don't know what else to say" her mother said crying. Jwala touched her hands.

"Thank him"She pointed at Aakash who came out from the operation theatre. They wished him.

"We will pay the money as soon as possible" her father said.

"No need uncle. Hospital is a place where we save life. Not money. I will talk to the senior doctor" Aakash said.