Chapter 17

Precap - Jwala befriends Amar

Amars and Jwalas life slowly started to move. Even though they barely talked and interacted with each other. Amar gave her time to accept things. Their job kept them busy. Whenever he offered to drop her she respectfully denied. He didnt force her either.

One night. Jwala kept herself busy in the kitchen. Amar got used to her food. She even packs lunch for him , which he carried to office but ended up in the hands of Avinash.

Amar came to the kitchen and found Jwala working. He walked inside and poured himself a glass of water. He wanted to talk to her. She understood his hesitation.

"You need something?" She asked

"Ah I..."he paused

"The dinner isn't ready.. it will take time"she said

"No actually. If you don't mind.. can we..just go out for dinner?"

She blinked her eyes in surprise.

"Only if you wish"he added.

Jwala draped herself in a saree. She couldn't believe that Amar himself wanted to take her out. She was nervous as well.

When she came down she saw him waiting for her. He wore a black shirt neatly tucked in his pants. He looked handsome.

They drove silently. Jwala knew that something is definitely cooking up in his mind. She waited and gave him some time.

He took her to a restaurent and they took a table. He ordered Chinese which was her favorite. Jwala was surprised when he knew her taste in food. She saw the hotel completely occupied. Young couples. Families. Everyone looked happy. There was a stage set up where two couples sat singing. The beautiful music lighted up their evening. She felt lovely

After a short silence he spoke.

"Avi and I come here quite often

"Avi and I come here quite often. For lunch. But seems like he's obsessed with your food"

Jwala smiled.

"You never told me that. I'll pack one for him too"

He nodded

"You cook well. Reminds me of my..."he trailed off. Jwala raised her head and looked at him.

"What happened?"

He shook his head and smiled. Jwala knew that he had some problems with his family. She had heard a lot from Diya.

"Are you okay?" She asked when she saw his fallen face

"I'm fine"

Soon their dinner arrived. They had their food in silence.

"I'm leaving Delhi for a week" he said after a while. She stopped eating and looked at him.

"I have a meeting there. It's important. So... I can ask Diya to come and stay with you.. or do you.. want to come with...me?" he asked hoping that she would come.

"No it's okay. I can go and stay with appa. I have been thinking about that" jwala said leaving him dissapointed. He nodded

The conversation flowed smoothly between them. He talked about his work and some official things to which she listened.

Post dinner Amar and Jwala stood in front of the stage , where two couples were singing a melodious song. Amar was so fond of music. Diya had told Jwala. After Vaishnavis death he never took part in any programme.

"I heard from Diya that you sing well"she said. He smiled faintly

"I used to..not anymore"

"Why? I would love to listen to it"she said and he looked at her.

Jwala excused herself when her phone rang continuously. When she came back she didn't find Amar there. She panicked and was about to walk outside when she found him on the stage. Guitar in his hands. He sat on the chair and soon his voice filled up the stage.

 He sat on the chair and soon his voice filled up the stage

Jwala stood numb as he sang closing his eyes. She could feel the love that he's pouring into this song. She could now understand why he brought her here. He wanted a new life. With her. Amar was a man in pain. And she. Healed him slowly. When he asked to remain friends with her. She didn't take it seriously. But he mean it.

She felt bad for not understanding him. At a point His eyes met hers. She smiled at him. He smiled back.

The song ended. Everyone clapped. Jwala just stood looking at him.

On their way back a small smile crept over her lips. Amar continued to drive silently. He kept stealing glances at her. When they reached back home. He went to his room And she went to hers.

Before Amar went to bed. His phone beeped.

Jwala : u sang pretty well! Good night

He smiled

Amar left for Delhi after few days. Jwala stayed with her father. He could see the sudden change in his daughter. She started talking more frequently. Krishna was surprised when she mentioned Amar in more than one occasion. He was happy that his daughter is more comfortable with him.

Amar was soon restless. He wanted to return back as soon as possible. He missed Avi ,his work, office and....a small part of him...missed her.

Amar lay on bed with his eyes open. He unlocked his phone and looked at Vaishnavis pic. Unlike before he didn't feel the pain. Instead he smiled recalling all the good moments he spend with her.

Now Jwala is his present and future.

*****
Precap - Amar Returns , Roomates?

*****Precap - Amar Returns , Roomates?