Chapter 3 - Teammates

You smoothed your white shirt down over your stomach, the only movement you were able to make as you stood dumb-struck. To recall what you had just witnessed, the Vice Principal had walked in at the precise moment when Hinata had moved to intercept Kageyama's amazing jump serve. The orange-haired boy probably hadn't done many defensive training, because the ball rebounded awkwardly off his arms and hit straight into the back of the Vice Principal's head. You had covered your intake of breath as the man's toupee jumped right off his head and landed on Tanaka's shaved head. The Vice Principal and Daichi were so furious that you had to kindly walk the elder man out of the gym, praising his kindness that you did not scold the two boys. That went over better than you thought, since the Vice Principal thought you were very charming.

When you hurried back into the gym, you watched as both Hinata and Kageyama got shoved out of the gym by a fuming Daichi, before he slammed the door shut on their backsides.

"Until you both show an understanding that you're teammates!" Daichi howled at the door, you walked to stand at Sugawara's side, who was a few feet behind the captain's back, "you are hereby forbidden from attending any team activities!"

"I can't believe how precise Kageyama's serve was to hit Hinata so directly" you clutched your hands against your chest, thinking back to the scene that had just unfolded, "and to think Hinata would receive so badly he knocked that headpiece right off baldy's ugly head". Your nose wrinkled a little, "what was the Vice Principal even doing here anyway?"

They grey-haired boy one your right side chuckled nervously, "wow you don't mess around do you (Y/n)" he patted your shoulder, "it's remarkable what tosses around in that head of yours". You smirked.

"I guess" you pulled the loose strands of you (H/c) out of your shirt where they had been trapped since you got changed, "sorry for being so blunt, it wasn't really what I expected for my first day". You held up your open hand in front of you, you missed the redness you got from serving, the trace of a red circle from the impact of the ball, "but there's always tomorrow, right". A determined looked emerged on your face and Sugawara blushed.

"Right"

Your features seemed to distort and your smile grew crooked as an idea popped into your head, you looked over to the buzz-haired second year and opened your mouth. You cupped your hands either side of your lips and called out, "Tanaka-kun!" Sugawara gave you a look like 'what are you scheming?'

You were grinning to no end at the great idea swarming around in your head as you watched the captain stop off towards the locker room to get himself changed.

At the sound of your pretty voice, the taller boy practically flew over to you, skidding to a clumsy stop at your feet.

"Yes, my gorgeous manager-senpai?"

You giggled. Wow, when he's not being over the top, he's actually pretty attractive. You raised your head to whisper something in his higher ear, "Kiyoko showed me the other two first-year applications. Do you think you could convince Daichi to let Kageyama and Hinata have a match against them to win their club entry back?"

He raised an eyebrow at you as you rocked back and forth in your gym shoes, smiling sweetly with your arms intertwined behind your back. He smirked after a moment, "I'm sure that could work" he snapped his fingers, "actually, that's a great idea!"

Sugawara shook his head as Tanaka scrambled off into the boy's locker room, "you're not manipulating him are you?"

You looked back at the grey-haired boy, an innocent smile decorating your youth, "no! I'd never manipulate someone, but I do think it's a good idea for Kageyama and Hinata to prove their worth" you held up your fist against your open hand, "Don't you Sugawara?"