Chapter 13 - The Spiteful Deity

"Mm Tanaka-kun, who's this Guardian Deity we're waiting for?" You rocked back and forth on the playground swing, slurping your iced tea through a straw.

"My best friend" Tanaka had his head almost scraping the ground as he hung upside down on the swing, gripping the chain straps tightly between his strong hands, "hehehe (Y/n)-senpai you've got to try this!"

You bit down on your straw to stop your laugh, "no thanks! You have fun".

Your hair blew back in the cold winds and you were grateful to have a jumper around your shoulders as a windbreaker. The scarf Kiyoko had leant you was also a big help, as you could hide your icy red cheeks in its plushy form when the winds swept by.

"I wish he'd hurry up, I don't know why you insisted on me coming on this day out thing" You pouted, "he's your friend".

"Aw I just wanted him to have a chance to meet my angelic girlfr—!"

You cut him off as your foot hurled under his legs and flung him backwards off the swing so his forehead smacked into the gravel. "Careful" you hummed with your lips in a straight and delicate line.

"My bad" Tanaka tried to chuckle as he picked himself off the ground.

His maroon jersey slipped down off his back so he had to fix it as he stood. You handed him your iced tea as an 'I'm sorry for knocking you off the swing' and he took a sip of it.

Your phone buzzed, another stupid message from the Great King. You chewed your straw as you read it, "dumbasss" you slurred angrily.

Oikawa Tooru: Hiyo Sweet-cheeks! Want to go to the movies with me tonight! Its a date!! Xxxx

Your thumbs drummed noisily over the screen as Tanaka watched you cease your swinging action.

You: Sorry, Kageyama already invited me out this afternoon. Maybe some other time.

Tanaka noticed you rolling your pretty (E/c) eyes and ruffled your hair, "someone's making you frown, need me to kick their ass?"

You smiled softly, "no thanks Tanaka-kun, but you're kind to offer".

"Getting chummy while I'm not at your side? I didn't realise I'd needed to stay within a certain radius to stop others hitting on you" The voice was familiar and slicked with smugness, it made you cringe.

"Tsukishima?" You grumbled as the blonde leaned over, "what's with you guys? Am I just a spotmark on your GPS's or something?"

"Sorry (Y/n)-san!" Yamaguchi trotted around Tsukishima to give you a gentle morning hug, " it was actually complete luck that we found you two".

"Why don't you join us Yamaguchi!" You offered kindly, Tanaka's jaw dropped and he jumped out of his swing.

"Nah ah no way! Only (Y/n), Noya and I are going to the night market!" The wing-spiker pointed accusingly at the blonde and freckly boy in a fit of rage.

You patted him chuffly on the head, "steady on Tanaka-kun" you exhaled slowly, a cloud of mist leaving your lips as the evening started to turn cold, "you're being crazy".

"Tanaka-senpai, who's this Noya you're meeting?" Yamaguchi spoke quietly, trying his best not to anger the buzz-haired boy even more.