To The Moon And Back

Joe's P.O.V

I was woken up by my phone ringing on the nightstand that was literally right next to my ear.

I picked up the phone and turned it on but I quickly realized that was a mistake.

When I turned it on the screen was so bright that it blinded me for a minute.

Once I got my vision back I looked to see who was calling me.

Incoming call from: Ben💞

I answered the phone and put it up to my ear.

"Hey." My voice was hoarse from having just woken up.

"Hi Joey!"

Ben had clearly been up for some time now but I barely knew what the time difference was between here and France.

"Did I wake you up?" He asked.

"Well, kinda"

"I'm sorry"

"No, no it's fine Ben" I reassured him.

"I just wanted to call you before I have to go to practise and let you know that I miss you already"

"I miss you too"

I heard something from the other end of the phone and I assumed it was Ben's coach calling him for something.

"Sorry babe, I've gotta go"

"Okay"

"I love you!"

"Love you too Benny, to the moon and back"

Then he hung up the phone.

I set my phone back down and rolled over to face the wall.

I rubbed my eyes again and fell back asleep

•°~

Bzz bzz

Bzz bzz

Can't people just leave me alone? I'm supposed to be sulking because my boyfriend is in another continent.

I still rolled over and sighed before picking up my phone.

1 new message from: Rami👽

It was most likely him wanting me to babysit again.

Rami👽:
Hey Joe, sorry to text you so early but can you look after Elizabeth for a bit this afternoon?

Joe:
Why?

Rami👽:
Job interview

Joe:
Can't Gwil do it?

Rami👽:
He'd probably just suck Allen's face off the whole time and most likely set the house on fire. I think you can see why I don't trust that squid with my child.

Joe:
Fine. I'll be there in 20

Rami👽:
Thanks ❤️

And I was right.

I set my phone back down and got out of bed.

I grabbed a t-shirt and jeans, brushed my teeth and made coffee to get me through the day.

I slipped my shoes on and walked groggily out the door.