Yer Blues

(sh0rt)

Joe's P.O.V

For a few weeks Ben had been skating again, constantly.

When he would be skating for hours on end and not coming back till the sun was almost completely set, thats how you know that he had something coming up soon.

I wasn't sure what was coming up but it was most likely a competition of some sort.

•°~

Ben ended up coming home at around 7 which is much earlier than what I expected.

He threw his bag down over by the door and flopped on the couch, face first.

He let out an exaggerated groan but still didn't look up at me.

"Benny?"

He groaned in response.

"What's wrong?"

"My everything hurts"

"C'mere"

I patted the spot next to me and he flipped over so he was laying on his back.

He wriggled himself over so he was closer to me and he laid his head in my lap.

I twirled strands of his blond hair around my fingers as he complained about skating practice that day.

Ben removed my hand from his head and started playing with my fingers as he was talking which I found really cute.

Eventually he just threw his hands up and sighed.

"I don't think I'm cut out for this whole skating thing y'know."

"Don't say that. You're the best skater I've ever seen." I said, gesturing towards the shelf above the tv that was covered with trophies and the few frames scattered around the room that held shiny medals inside.

"But it's so exhausting sometimes."

"I know it is, but it's worth it in the end right?"

He nodded and looked at the shelf above the television.

I saw his lips curl into a smile and he looked back over at me.

"Ben"

"Yeah?"

"I'm so, so, proud of you."

He blushed and turned away from me a little bit.

"I really dont deserve you Joey" he turned back to face me and smiled.

He lifted his head up off my lap to kiss me but he winced in pain and fell back into my lap.

He groaned, crawled to the other end of the couch and curled into a little ball. I moved to the other end of the couch and sat next to him.

Ben looked up at me with watery eyes and I knew what he wanted.

He just wanted a hug (me)

He sat up and moved a bit closer to me and I wrapped my arms around him in a loving embrace.

"I love you Joey."

"I love you too Ben."

He slowly pulled away from the embrace and groggily walked off to our room.

I followed behind him because I knew he'd call me in there and demand that I cuddle him within 10 minutes.

He changed into pajamas and got himself comfortable before I crawled into bed next to him.

He latched onto me and hid his face in my chest.

"Are you alright Benny?"

"I feel like shit." He mumbled against my chest.

"What'd you do?"

"I fell at skating practice and ever since I started skating again it's been making me feel horrible. Everywhere always hurts and I don't like it" he looked up at me and pouted.

I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed the top of his head.

"I'm sure you'll be fine my love. You do this everytime but all the hardwork and dedication pays off in the end doesn't it?"

He nodded and hid his face in the crook of my neck.

I wished we could stay like that forever.

Short n shitty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tell all your friends you love them, it's important.
I love you
Harry🌸