Doing Alright

Joe's P.O.V

7:00 AM sharp.

And it was time for work.

I was hired as a florist about 4ish months ago at the little flower store near my house.

I really liked my job because every so often I would bring Ben some flowers back from work and he always appreciated the small gesture.

I got dressed, brushed my teeth and quickly fed Frankie before walking out the door.

Usually I would have Ben walk me to work then he'd go back home and wait patiently for me there.

I was getting a little more used to the feeling of not having Ben around, I'd have to since he's been travelling more.

Well, I did miss running my fingers through his soft blond hair and hugging him and kissing him.

Okay, maybe I'm not used to it yet.

•°~

I draped my apron around my neck and tied it up in the back.

I walked over to the counter and stood behind it, waiting for our next customer.

I rested my arm on the counter and fidgeted around with a pen.

I wrote little notes on the inside of my palm and most of them were just nonsense.

I heard the bell on the door ring as someone walked into the little store.

They were looking at African daisies but then walked over to the other side side of the store where we had the assorted bouquets.

They picked one of the red ones from the front and walked over to me, I didn't look at their face this whole time so I only saw their legs.

I looked up and saw that it was Allen.

He set the flowers on the counter for me to ring them up and I smiled at him.

"Good morning Joe"

"Morning Allen, what're the flowers for?"

"Oh, they're just for Gwil because I felt like doing something nice for him" he smiled at the mere mention of Gwilym's name.

I smirked and rung up the flowers.

"Here you go, have a great day!" 

"I will"

He grabbed the flowers off the counter and started walking towards the door.

"Uh, Joe"

"Hm?" I looked back up from my hand.

"Do you wanna come to Gwil's for the skating thing? We don't want you to watch it alone."

"I'd love to" I smiled at him and he returned the gesture.

He waved at me and walked out the door.

•°~

The rest of the day went on like normal, watering the flowers, putting in some new ones and just a few old ladies who came in and gave them a look and a couple of guys who were rushing to get a gift for their wife of girlfriend.

I hung my apron back up and grabbed my hoodie.

I walked out of the store and started heading back home

I popped some earbuds in my ears and listened to some music.

Doing Alright by Queen

I sighed and smiled.