Happy Together

(Really short)

Joe's P.O.V

"Why do we always have to look after Rami's child?" Ben whined.

He would always complain when we had to babysit but I knew that he loved it. He was always really good with kids.

"Do you really trust Allen or Gwilym with a child?" That was always my go-to response when Ben would complain about looking after Elizabeth.

Ben shook his head and kicked his feet up onto the coffee table.

Now, all we had to do was wait for Lucy to show up with Elizabeth.

•°~

After almost an hour I finally heard a quiet knock at the door.

Ben got up to answer it and his face lit up when he saw Elizabeth standing at the door with Lucy.

He quickly said goodbye to Lucy and scooped Elizabeth up in his arms.

She was giggling and he was smiling brightly at her.

He always got really excited when we got to look after Elizabeth and he just worked really well with her. It's like they're made for eachother.

Ben came and sat down on the couch with Elizabeth in his lap.

She looked at me and gave me a toothy grin.

She looked like the perfect mix of Rami and Lucy and it made my heart melt.

I smiled back at her and she looked at Ben.

Ben didn't see Elizabeth as much as I did because he'd usually be skating or at home whenever Rami called me over to look after her for a little bit.

But it was clear that Ben always cherished the moments he got to spend with Elizabeth.

She moved off of him and sat between us on the couch and made grabby hands at the remote.

Yep, this was definitely Rami's kid.

~°•

After a few hours and taking care of all of Elizabeth's needs everyone was a little tuckered out.

I liked having her around because it gave me a sense of what parenthood was like and I always liked the idea of having children but I never brought it up with Ben in case he didn't like the idea of having kids one day.

I sighed to myself and looked at my hands that were sat comfortably in my lap.

I decided to do something nice and make Ben a cup of tea.

I wandered on over to the kettle and put the water on the boil.

Once I finished making Ben's cup of tea I walked into the living room to see him sleeping on the couch with Elizabeth wrapped up in his arms.

They both looked exhausted from playing around and making a mess of the apartment.

I carefully set Ben's cup of tea down on the table next to the couch and grabbed a blanket for the both of them.

I pulled the blanket over Ben and Elizabeth and wiped the small trail of drool from the corner of his mouth.

I brushed some of his hair off his forehead and planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

He smiled in his sleep but it quickly faded away.

I couldn't resist, I just felt like I had to take a picture to preserve this moment.

I pulled my phone out and quickly snapped a photo of the pair laying on the couch and admired it for a moment before stuffing my phone back in my pocket.

~°•

Later that night when Ben and I were laying in bed I finally decided to ask about having kids one day.

It was rather out of the blue but I was sure he didn't mind.

"Hey, Benny."

"Yes my dear?"

"Have you...ever thought about adopting one day?"

He stopped running his fingers through my hair and looked down at me.

"Well, I mean yeah. Why?"

I cleared my throat a little bit and looked up at him.

"No reason. Just wondering."

He shrugged and yawned.

"Joey, can we talk about this more in the morning?"

"Yes, of course."

He smiled at me and kissed me before turning off the light.

"Goodnight Joey, I love you."

"I love you too"

Shitshitshitshitshit

I hated this chapter but I felt really guilty bc I haven't updated this in so long I just haven't had many ideas for current chapters but I have some pretty good ones for future chapters ;)

I also didn't proofread so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes

Ily

Harry🌹