You're My Favouritest

(Hella short, but at this point I'm not gonna bother with short warnings)

Joe's P.O.V

While I was at work the next day I suddenly got a phone call from Ben.

I casually answered the phone and put it up to my ear as I was rearranging a tulip display in the window of the shop.

"Hey Benny."

"Hi!"

"What's got you in such a good mood?"

"So, y'know how I've been practicing a whole bunch for like weeks now?"

"Yes?" I said, slightly suspicious.

"Well, they want to send me off to Italy for another competition!"

I dropped the flower pot I was holding, resulting in it smashing into a thousand tiny pieces.

I looked over at Adam, who was standing behind the cash register painting his nails. I cleared my throat loud enough for him to hear and he looked over at the mess of dirt, tulips and clay on the floor.

Adam shook his head, put the cap back on his nail polish and walked over with a broom.

He glared at me, handed me the broom and walked back over to the cash register.

I made a face at him when he couldn't see and then resumed my conversation with Ben.

"That- that's great!"

"I know, I'm so excited!"

"So, when do they want you to go to Italy?"

"Well, they didn't give me much of a notice but I'm flying over in about a week and I'm gonna be there for about a month, maybe less."

My face dropped at the mention of him being gone for a month.

"Oh, um, that's great." I said sadly.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing, I'm just gonna miss you is all."

"I'll miss you too Joey."

I sighed and looked back down at the mess of dirt and flowers on the floor and then back over at the broom.

"I have to go hun."

"Oh, okay, I love you."

"I love you too Benny"

He hung up and I stuffed my phone back into my apron pocket.

I swept up the mess on the floor and just left it in a pile for Adam to clean up.

I went over to the counter and hopped up onto it, swinging my legs back and forth.

Usually when Ben had to go away he'd be sad or a little upset but this time he was really, really excited. It wasn't like him. Maybe this just meant more to him than other competitions.

I hopped off the counter and stood behind the cash register. I watched Adam clean the mess at the front of the store with a scowl on his face.

•°~

When I got home after my shift I ran over to Ben who was sitting peacefully on the couch, watching television.

I tackled him into a hug and he laughed.

"What's with you?" He asked, still lightly chuckling.

"You're never home when I get back from work. I'm just enjoying it."

He sighed and stroked my hair.

"I don't want you to go again." I said, making a pouty face.

"I know you don't dear, but this is a big deal."

"I knowwww" I whined, burning my face in the crook of his neck.

"You're gonna do great Benny." I said happily.

I moved to face him and we smiled at eachother.

"I'm gonna miss that smile too."

Ben blushed and pulled me in for a kiss.

When he pulled away I smiled at him again and rested my head on his chest.

"Benny?"

"Yes angel?"

"You're my favouritest"

Y O U D O N T P U T Y O U R F E E T I N F O R E S K I N

Harrison