1

Your POV

"Mami, stop before you wake her up."

"I don't want her temperature to spike. We don't know what caused her to pass out, and if it was the heat then we need to keep her cool."

I heard two voices arguing as I regained consciousness.

My head was pounding as I felt something cool and damp get placed on my forehead. I flinched slightly, but took a deep breath because it actually felt nice.

"I told you it would wake her up," one of the voices said as I started to open my eyes.

I squinted as the lights came into view, temporarily blinding me before my vision refocused.

I almost thought I was dreaming as I saw someone that I thought I'd never get to face again.

"Camila?" My voice came out scratchy, making the girl in front of me smile.

"Hi, bebé," she greeted, sitting beside me on the couch and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

I felt myself smile at the use of the old nickname.

"Camilita," her mother scolded slightly, probably assuming she was just hitting on me for the fun of it.

"Relax, Mami. We're old friends. This is Y/n."

Yea. Friends. Friends who fucked- okay, I'll stop.

"How did I get here?" I asked, realizing I was in a trailer almost identical to Lauren's.

"You passed out in the bathroom. My mom and I carried you here, which wasn't hard considering you weigh like twenty pounds," Camila joked, making me playfully glare at her.

That's when flashbacks of finding Lauren and that guy ran through my head, followed by me running to the bathroom and having a panic attack.

"I do not," I argued.

I almost went to slap her arm, but I was too weak.

"Okay, fine," she smiled before she turned more serious. "Want to explain why you were having a panic attack in the bathroom?"

I went to talk but lowered my head in embarrassment. Camila's mother seemed to catch on that I wasn't entirely comfortable talking with her in the room, so she gave Camila an understanding look before walking out of the trailer.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that," I apologized.

"Shut up," Camila giggled. "That's not the first time I've seen it, and it isn't anything to be embarrassed about. Now, tell me what happened."

"It's not a big deal. I got overwhelmed," I said.

It wasn't a complete lie.

"Y/n," Camila started, knowing I wasn't telling her the truth. "Just tell me what happened. Weren't you here with Lauren? Where was she?"

"With her new boyfriend," I mumbled, but Camila caught it.

"Why'd you say it like that?" She smirked.

"Like what?" I acted as if I didn't know what I did.

"Like you're jealous."

"I'm not," I lied. "I was going back to the trailer and I found Lauren and some guy making out. I decided to leave and I went to the bathroom and got sick."

"Yea, you got a little vomit on your shirt," Camila grimaced, pointing at my shirt on the table, which made me realize someone had changed my shirt for me.

How long was I out?

"Are you feeling okay now?" Camila asked as she got closer, her concern coming to light and making me realize she was actually worried about me.

"I'm okay," I smiled, holding her hand. "I'm weak, but that's expected. I'm going to be fine."

"Good. You can stay here as long as you need," she told me. "I performed earlier today, so I'm free. I'll sit with you until you get your strength back. You want anything to eat?"

My heart fluttered at how the girl was trying to take care of me.

"You're literally an angel," I sighed. "I do need one thing."

"What's that, hermosa?"

"I need you to hold me," I said, trying to hide my smile as she broke out into laughter.

"You haven't changed a bit," she smiled before coming to sit next to me and allowing me to cuddle up to her.

She started to rub my back and I let out a sigh at the familiar action.

"Actually, you have changed a little," she said, making me look up at her with a questioning face.

"You're way hotter now than you were when we were seventeen," she smirked, making me laugh loudly.

"I could say the same thing for you," I admitted, making the girl giggle as we turned our attention to the television that was on.

I just wanted to forget about Lauren for now, and Camila was currently helping me do that.