11

Your POV

3 Months Later

"Well if it isn't Y/n Y/ln," I heard a sweet voice speak from behind me.

I turned in my seat only to be face to face with the woman of the hour. It was her album release party and she told me that I better not miss it, so even though I didn't want to be in the booming club, here I was.

"Hey, Cami," I greeted the girl. "Congratulations."

"Thank you, love," she said, kissing my cheek and taking a step back to get a look at me.

"You look great," she spoke with a smile.

It had been about three months since Camila and I decided to call off what we had going on. I had been a lot better since then, trying my best to focus on myself.

"Thank you," I told her. "You look amazing too."

"Want a drink?" She asked as she moved to the open bar.

"Sure," I answered.

I had only had two tonight, so one more wasn't going to kill me.

"Thank you," I told her as she handed me the drink.

"No problem, sunshine. Listen, I need to go talk to a couple more people, but don't go far. I'll catch you later," she explained with a smile before kissing my cheek and walking off.

I took a deep breath as I sipped on the drink in my hand. I didn't really know anyone here except Camila and Shawn, and Shawn had left about an hour ago.

Lucky bastard.

I was scanning around for any familiar faces when a particular one caught my eye, almost making me drop my drink.

I didn't expect to see her here tonight, but what really surprised me is that fact that I had just caught her hardcore staring me down.

She quickly looked away, focusing on the drink that was in her hand as the people around her continued to converse.

I looked away as well, staring down into the drink in my hand before taking a sip of it. I wish I could say that I had gotten over her in the past three months, but that would be a lie.

Honestly, if I had learned anything in the past couple months it would be that she was the only one I wanted things to work out with.

I just couldn't picture myself with anyone else, and I hated myself for it. I hated the fact that I couldn't just snap my fingers and forget about her.

I hadn't talked to or texted the girl in months, yet she was still the thing that ran through my mind the most. She was the inspiration for all my songs.

I just couldn't get her out of my head no matter how hard I tried, and that's why I decided to do something I wouldn't have even thought about three months ago, but not before downing the rest of the drink in my hand.

I was going to need some liquid courage if I was really going to do this.

"Whoa, slow down," I heard someone say, making me look up and almost drop my drink for the second time.

"Hey," Lauren said with a small smile.

Guess I didn't need that liquid courage after all.

"Hi," I said awkwardly as I placed the empty glass on the bar next to me.

"Listen," Lauren started. "I know I'm probably the last person you want to see right now, but you haven't answered my calls or texts in months. The last thing I wanted to do was corner you like this."

"You didn't corner me," I told her, motioning for her to sit beside me. "I was actually about to walk over there and talk to you."

"You were?" She asked, obviously not expecting me to say that.

"Yea, I was just working up the courage," I said, sending her a small smile.

"Can we go somewhere a little more quiet?" She asked.

"Yes, please. I've been trying to get out of this club all night," I told her, standing up out of my seat and sending Camila a quick text to let her know what was going on.

"I think I have a place you'd like," Lauren said with a smile.

-

"I haven't been here in forever," I admitted as I took a bite of a french fry.

Of course Lauren took us to In-n-Out.

"Me either," she told me. "I think the last time I was here was when I came with you."

I didn't answer, opting only to smile as I took a sip of my drink.

"Can we talk about why we fell off?" Lauren suddenly asked.

"Um... I guess. Yea," I stuttered out.

"Look, Y/n. I had a lot of time to think about everything... and I realized I probably made you really uncomfortable a while back at Stagecoach."

Yea, I was just a little uncomfortable after walking in on you and Ty twice.

"I didn't mean to do that to you, and I felt horrible about it," she said.

"Don't feel bad," I cut her off. "I could've reacted better than I did."

"No, your reaction was valid. I invited you out there then made you feel uncomfortable, so you had every right to go hang out with someone else. Not to mention the fight we had been in before that," she continued.

"You already apologized about that and I'm over it," I said, talking about the fight over Vanessa.

"Okay, but now I'm telling you I'm so sorry about what happened at Stagecoach. You were my guest and you were already hesitant about coming out. I should have made you my priority," she told me.

It kind of hurt that she didn't understand the real reason that I had gotten so upset that day.

"Lauren, it's okay. I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have ignored you the way I did. I blew it out of proportion," I told her, reaching across the table and holding her hand.

"It's alright," she said, sending me a small smile. "Does this mean we can be friends again? I miss you."

My heart jumped when she said that. She really missed me.

"Of course," I told her. "I missed you too."

Even though I still wanted to be more than friends, we had to start somewhere.

"Good," she smiled. "I miss movie nights and coming surprise you in the studio. I just miss being around you."

Oh my God if she didn't stop my heart was going to explode.

"How about you come to mine tonight and we have a movie night?" I asked her. "You can come with me to the studio tomorrow, too."

"Really?" She asked with hopeful eyes.

"Of course, but on one condition," I said, watching curiosity swell in her eyes. "I have a song I wrote that I really want you to sing. Can we go over it and see if you like it?"

"Are you serious?" She asked with a huge smile. "Of course. I'd love to."

"Then it's settled, but for now let's get back to mine and get to those movies."

"I can't wait."