4

Your POV

"Hey, love," I heard someone say as they stroked my cheek gently.

I squinted my eyes as I stretched a little, seeing Camila sitting at the edge of the bed. She was fully dressed and had two coffees in her hands.

"Our flight leaves in about two hours. I brought you some coffee," she said as I sat up.

We had come back to Camila's hotel suite last night and she had stuck to her promise about helping me forget about the Lauren situation. We spent the whole night watching movies until I fell asleep in her arms.

It reminded me of old times.

"Thank you," I told her as I took a sip of the coffee she handed me, smiling at the taste.

"You remembered?" I asked, referring to how she made the coffee exactly how I liked it.

"Cream and sugar," she said, shooting me a wink before she stood up.

"All of your stuff is pretty much packed. I just woke you up so early because I know you hate not having enough time to get ready."

My heart was fluttering. I had forgotten how much Camila payed attention, and the fact that she still remembered all these little things was making me swoon.

"What?" Camila asked when she saw I was staring at her with a look of adoration.

"Nothing," I smiled. "I just didn't expect you to remember all these little things."

"You were my first real relationship," she laughed. "Of course I remember."

Oh, my heart.

"Now get dressed," she said, tossing a shirt and shorts in my direction.

I quickly caught the shirt as the shorts fell on the bed in front of me.

"I'll give you some privacy," she said as she turned to walk out.

"Not like you haven't seen it all before," I shrugged, watching her eyebrows rise in surprise.

I stripped off my shirt and pants, leaving me in a bra and underwear as Camila's eyes scanned over my body.

"What?" I teased. "Remember everything except what I look like under all these clothes?"

"Oh, no. I remember that clearly," she stated. "But like I said yesterday, you're way hotter now."

I tried to control the blush from spreading on my cheeks as I shook my head and slipped on the clothes she had thrown at me.

"Whatever, Cabello. How about you stop flirting and help me get my things together."

"Gladly," she smiled and winked.

This girl was going to kill me.

~

"You know..." Camila trailed off as she handed me a bottle of water. "All that talking we did yesterday and I never did ask you how you were doing with work."

I laughed as she sat down next to me on the private flight she had booked for us. I didn't even realize it was a private flight until we got to the airport.

"I'm doing really well actually. I've had a lot of inspiration lately, and if I get one thing out of this whole situation then it'll probably be more inspiration," I told her honestly.

"Hey, if anything will help you put all of this behind you then it'll probably be writing about it. That always helps me."

"Yea, I hope so," I told her with a small smile.

"But since you said you've had so much inspiration already..." she trailed off with a smile. "Can I see some of the things you've written?"

"You're funny," I told her, making her groan.

"C'mon," she begged. "Pleaseeee."

"You of all people should know I never show anyone my songs unless I'm giving it to an artist or we're working together," I told her.

"It was worth a shot," she shrugged. "Are there any songs of yours I should be looking out for?"

"I actually just worked with Shawn," I said, watching her eyebrows rise. "I wrote a song called Mutual that should be on his new album."

"Wait. Did I hear that right? You gave a song to Shawn... and he took it?"

"Shut up," I laughed.

"I'm sorry, it's just... he did not like you very much after we dated," she giggled.

"We made up," I shrugged.

"Well, good for you guys," she smiled. "Any other big news in your life that I should know about?"

"Nope," I said. "What about you? Tell me all about your number one album and the world tour."

For the rest of the flight we took turns telling stories and catching up. It was really nice to reconnect with her, and the way we talked you never would have thought we hadn't seen each other in years.

Maybe Camila would be the one to help me get back to my old self.