8

Your POV

"I got way too much time to be this hurt.
Somebody help, it's getting worse," I sang to myself lightly as I wrote down the lyrics.

I had been in the studio for about eight hours now, and as always the lyrics were just coming to me.

I was so in the zone that I didn't see or hear Camila walk into the studio with bags of chinese food in her hands.

"What do you do with a broken heart?
Once the light fades, everything gets dark," I sang lightly.

"I thought we were past all the sad songs?" Camila asked, making me jump.

"You scared the hell out of me," I said, closing my notebook.

"Sorry," she laughed. "I thought I'd bring you food considering you've been in here all day and I know for a fact you skipped lunch."

"Thank you," I said, accepting the takeout box of food she handed to me.

"So, how many songs have you finished today?" She asked before taking a bite of her food.

"I don't even know," I laughed.

"Can I see them?"

"What do you think?" I asked her, making her stick her tongue out at me.

"Come see," I said, patting the space on the couch next to me.

Camila did as I asked without a question, sitting next to me. I smiled as I leaned into her and listened to her giggles as she let me get comfortable.

"You made me come sit so you could use me as a pillow?" She questioned.

"Mhmm," I hummed in response, opening my mouth and knowing she'd catch what I wanted her to do.

"You're a big baby," she shook her head, spoon feeding me a bite of food.

I just smiled at her and closed my eyes when she started running her fingers through my hair.

This is how we'd been for weeks now, and it was amazing, but sometimes I'd catch myself thinking about why it couldn't have been this easy with Lauren.

I was trying to get over the girl, but I guess I underestimated how hard that task would be. I guess that's why Camila and I hadn't taken things farther, because she knew I was still hung up on Lauren.

I really was trying to move on, not just for Camila, but for me. I didn't want to be hung up on someone who didn't feel the same way.

"You okay?" Camila asked me, bringing my attention back to her.

"Yea," I smiled. "I'm good."

"You want to come to mine?" She questioned. "You need sleep, and I live like five minutes away."

"Sure," I said, allowing her to stand up.

Usually I would have protested, but I'd been in the studio all day and I was actually really tired.

Camila started picking up the food and I went to help her when my phone vibrated.

Lo:
Hey. Can we talk?

I stared at my phone for a little before deleting the message.

I didn't want to talk to her.

"Ready?" Camila asked, bringing my attention away from my phone.

"Ready," I confirmed, taking her hand and allowing her to lead me out of the studio.

We walked through the building hand in hand until I heard a voice that I knew I recognized.

"Y/n?"

I turned my head, my eyes widening when I saw who it was.

"Vanessa?"

"Camila," I heard the girl next to me whisper, which made me laugh a little.

"I haven't seen you in a while," the girl smiled, walking over and bringing me into a hug.

I felt Camila's eyes on me as the hug lasted longer than expected, and the girls hands were extremely low.

Like, her hands were basically on my ass.

I have got to be the most unlucky person on the planet.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the girl, confused about why she was in the studio.

"I'm here with some friends. I got sent on snack duty so I'm looking for a vending machine."

That makes more sense.

"There's one right past the elevator," Camila answered before I could.

"Oh, thank you..." the girl trailed off, not knowing Camila's name.

"Camila," the girl next to me answered.

"I'm Vanessa," the other girl responded. "But I better get going before they all get hangry. It was nice meeting you Camila, and it was great seeing you again Y/n."

"So," Camila started when Vanessa walked away. "How do you know Vanessa?"

"That's a long story," I said, grabbing her hand and leading her to her car.

"We have time," Camila said as we got into the car and she started it.

"I don't think you'd really like the story, so I'm not going to tell it to you," I admitted as she began driving.

"I figured," she said. "I could practically feel the sexual tension between you two."

"That was a while back, and this is the first time I've seen her since," I told Camila.

"I'm just messing with you," the girl laughed, and it relieved me that she wasn't actually upset.

"But just to be clear..." she started as we came to a stop at a red light.

"I'm the only one who's hands should be that low on you," she said, leaning over the center console and allowing her hand to trail from my waist to my ass.

I felt frozen as I couldn't open my mouth to say anything, so instead I settled on a nod.

"Glad we're on the same page," she winked.

This girl was going to be the death of me.