6: Disapproval

"Ugh!" I held my hair up for what felt like the hundredth time as I emptied out the contents of my stomach into the toilet that I had been sitting around for the last thirty minutes. Once I was done, I flushed the toilet and washed my mouth out, then taking a seat on the edge of the bath tub.

So much for getting high for the first time, this experience was horrible.

"Maybe if you didn't skip school this wouldn't be happening to you." my mother commented as she walked into the bathroom with a wet cloth to place on top of my head.

"For the last time ma, I didn't skip purposely. I wasn't feeling well and was going to take the bus home but Trey was nice enough to give me a ride."

"A ride and a joint, what a combo."

"I didn't smoke mom." I said, lying through my teeth. Despite my eyes being so low that the only thing I could see were my extended lashes; I didn't smell much like it so I figured I could play it off. However, it took nothing but a few minutes of being inside the house, for my father to sniff me out like a guard dog or something. "I told you, his car just smelt like it and it rubbed off on me."

"And you do you think a person like that is someone you should be hanging with? What if the police were to pull you guys over? You'd be getting locked up with him also..." she shook her head. "I don't want you hanging out with that boy ever again."

"If the police were to pull me over with Gio it would be the same thing. Are you going to stop me from going out with my own brother?"

"Don't start snitching just cause you got caught!" I heard Gio call out from the living room, causing me to roll my eyes. "Whatever." I said, waving her off. "All I'm saying is that Trey is a nice person, even for volunteering to bring me home. I feel that it's wrong for you to judge someone that you have never even met, it's 2019; almost everyone smokes, that doesn't mean you're bad person."

"No, it doesn't."

"Exactly."

"All I'm asking... is that next time you communicate with us. Let us know where you are," she patted my head with the cloth, "we were worried sick. I had to leave during exam prep, your father had to clock out early, your brother had a big meeting with some potential sponsors. We feared the worst and a simple text could've stopped all of that."

I nodded, "you're right. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," my mom cupped my face and looked into my eyes. "As long as you're alright, that's really all that matters to me. I'm just asking that next time, you communicate."

"Will do."

"Thank you." she placed a kiss on top of my head. "Feeling any better?" she asked and I quickly shook my head as I rubbed my stomach. "Your grandma made you some soup, the moment you feel ready to leave this bathroom, it'll be waiting for you at the table."

"I'll just clean up in here and meet you out there."

"Sounds good." My mother rubbed my shoulder, before walking out and leaving me in the bathroom to think.

After giving my stomach a while to settle, I finally stood up and got to cleaning with the bathroom products from under my sink. Pulling on my big yellow gloves, I got on my knees and scrubbed until every inch of that bathroom sparkled and smelt like bleach and lime, by the time I was finished; I wanted nothing more than to fill my stomach as the high I had, was still in full effect.

While pulling off my gloves, I looked over to see Gio heading for the front door. I didn't even have to ask or question, because as usual Jeremiah came in, dapping him up as if he didn't just see him yesterday. Those two were truly something else.