23: Firsts

Sorry it's short, just wanted to post another. Hope you enjoy xo

Trey Wiggins

"Just like that!" she said, throwing up her last shot and actually, making it. "3-1 baby and you call yourself a baller."

"I definitely made you win."

"Oh whatever." She scoffed while watching all her tickets come out from the machine.

"I promise, you know I could easily hurt your feelings if I wanted to."

"Oh, for sure... that's why you're busting a sweat?" she grinned, while folding her arms across her chest. "Face it, I'm the real baller, shot caller."

"You're iight, but definitely not better than me."

"Whatever makes you sleep at night boo." Desiree brushed past me and walked back over to the table where our drinks from the lunch date we had, sat. A watermelon slush for me and a Mango one for her, curtesy of the best diner in this city, one of my secret spots. I could tell she enjoyed it because most girls tried to act boujie as hell at the table, Desiree however, ate like her life depended on it; and that was so attractive to me. Afterwards, I brought her to this little arcade that we practically had to ourselves since it was midday and most people were still at school.

All in all, just seeing her have fun was good enough for me. I could tell that she was finally, coming out of her shell. The more she did though was the more, I regretted everything that went down with Brooklyn yesterday. I mean, Desiree was clearly beautiful inside and out, she was hilarious and just so generous and kind. Desiree's heart was the rare pure kind that you needed to cherish, one that you wanted to keep tucked away forever. I didn't even care about Jeremiah wanting her anymore, I just cared about us and our moments and the boy in me, kept forgetting that anytime another opportunity was presented before me.

I didn't mind seeing her this way today, I mean it's what I wanted at first... but it also reminded me that behind it all, she was still such a beautiful individual. I didn't know if I was bipolar or just truly confused with the whole thing. On one hand, I missed what I had with Brooklyn but then on the other, I was digging what was going on with Des. I wanted to get to know her more and more, I didn't understand what it was that kept getting me off track. I knew Brooklyn was going to be an issue, but I just felt so bad letting her go just like that. Not to mention my lack of not getting something I was used to having on demand was new to me and harder than I thought it would be, to resist.

My eyes scanned Desiree's perky set as she bent over to pick up a receipt. Once she stood back up, I shook away the thoughts. I needed to get a hold of myself, because this wasn't all I wanted from her... I know, it wasn't. I actually liked this girl. "You enjoying yourself so far?" I asked, once I realized she was staring right at me, while I was staring at her like a weirdo.

"Mhm," she nodded as she swallowed what was in her mouth. "I don't think any other date could top this one. Best first date ever."

"First date?" my brow raised.

"Uh... yeah." She looked down at her shoes while admitting that, as if it was pathetic or something. If anything, it was cute as hell and an honor.

"Well if that's the case, it was my pleasure." I said bowing before her. "Is there anything else I could do to make this date better?"

"I mean... you got something rolled in the car, so there's nothing more that I could as for." Even that, I loved a woman who loved the simple things.

I winked, "you already know what's good. Look at you, big smoker."

"I mean, you turned me out."