6

The lessons went really quick that day, and I finally got to go home and study, yes I liked studying. I really didn't want to see Jeno after what happened. Not at all.
I sat at my desk listening to WayV take off as the familiar sound of locks were being heard. I didn't even bother to turn down the music and greet him, not after he hurt me.
But when I finally turned around, which I really wish I hadn't, he looked completely pissed. It was around 11:00 pm when he got home and when I say pissed I mean drunk off his arse. Stumbling round, holding his forehead. I turned off the music before rushing over to steady his shaky body.
"Are you alright Jeno?"
I asked holding him by the shoulders, keeping him from falling over. He said something but it was all just slurs and giggles. I guided him over to his bed and sat him down before grabbing a glass of water and a head ache pill.
"How much did you drink?"

"One too many" He said laughing as he drank the water, dribbling some on his chin, which I instantly wiped away with my thumb. I quickly retracted my hand before telling him to lie down and sleep.
I don't know why I felt the need to look after him, he was a dick to me today.
"Where were you Jeno?"

"At vernons party" he mumbled, his eyes closed ready to sleep.
My mouth made an 'o' shape as I sat on my own bed, crawling under the covers. I didn't know who vernon was but damn, his name sounded pretty hot.

I was just about to turn off the light before Jeno spoke up.

"Sorry a-about today Jaeminie~ "

"It's fine, go to sleep"

"You should come to the next party.." he whispered as I turned off the light.
"I'll think about it ok? Now sleep.."

Once the birds had woken up, I did too. I decided to try be nice again, I couldn't be bothered with drama, or him hurting me today; if I do something nice, he's less likely to fucking throw me against the locker like some raging ape.
I cooked him up a nice breakfast with pancakes and blueberries. After a while I noticed how Chenle and jisung were no where to be seen, pulling out my phone I dropped Chenle a quick message.

Me: hey, were are u 2?

And slid my phone back in my jean pocket. I set up the breakfast counter with stuff like yogurt and other fruit for him before going to wake him up.

"Morning Jeno!" I said and I poked his arm, he groaned and just rolled over.
"C'mon Jeno I've made pancakes."
His head reluctantly turned my way, his eyes looking heavy, his hair was everywhere. Not to mention he smelled like death alcohol.
"W-why?"
Why did I do it, out of kindness? Being scared of him? Wanting to be friends? I can't choose.
"I felt bad for you, now get the fuck up."
I stood up leaving him on his own to come and get the pancakes while I sat and ate mine.
Once I sat down my phone buzzed.

Chenle: Sorry Hyung! We are at dance catch up, sorry I didn't tell you!

Me: it's ok, have fun :)

Jeno finally walked in, looking better than before and smelling nicer too, he sat in front of me with a sigh.
"You feeling ok?"
He just looked at me with tired eyes.
"Why are you being nice to me, I'm a bully, everyone is scared of me but you."
I was not expecting this, this morning. Is he still drunk? Or so hungover his head is just everywhere but here?
"I don't understand why you can't just be like the others, and hate me or be frightened of me, because your making this really hard for me."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't confused. He had to still be drunk... right?
"Making what hard for you?"

He sat back in his chair agitated before carrying on.
"Haven't you noticed how I can't hurt you?"

"I mean... you push me up against lockers what more do you want? You sure can be an arse though"

"That's not the point- wait! You see? No one would ever say that to me because they are scared! Why can't you just be the same, or do something to make me hate you! Stop being nice jaemin!"

"But I'm not that kind of person Jeno, and why can't you hurt me? You can do what ever you want, your the BIG Jeno right?"

He sighed once more, playing with his fork.
"I don't know ok?"

"Then what's the point of this conversation?" I asked genuinely confused now.

"Forget it jaemin, forget it"
And with that, he got up and left.
I was beyond confused, it never occurred to me until just now that I'm probably the only kid in school he hasn't beaten up.
He punched Chenle for not giving him a pencil ages ago, and kicked the shit out of Jisung because Jisung defended Chenle; yet he doesn't hit me when I'm a dick to him. I let the thoughts pass and I ate my pancakes, and his.
I had a free this morning so I was in no rush.

I had Korean first; the teacher decided to sit me next to him because he worked hard when I was there with him. I was not ready to face Jeno, he was clearly in a bad mood this morning, so I've got to watch my step. when I walked in, he wasn't even there yet, fashionably late as per usual.
I sat in my seat and got out my books.
As I unzipped my bag a light tap fell in my shoulder.
"Psst!"
I turned around to see a boy with a soft smile, he had dirty blonde hair and his voice was like candy floss.
"I-I'm Jungwoo, I was just wondering, what's the trick to not getting hit by Jeno? Does he like you or something?" The soft boy said, looking a little scared at mentioning his name.
"Hi.. em, no he definitely does not like me." I laughed, flopping my books in my table with a bang.

"Well something is going on because people are saying he's gone soft - he hasn't hurt anyone since you came- and some are saying it's because of you ..."

"No, no way, he doesn't like me and never will."

"Who doesn't like you?" A voice as sharp of flint stabbed the back of my neck, drawing the knife down my spine and up again. I shivered.
Jungwoo quickly sat back in his seat, hiding away from Jeno.

"No one Jeno, forget it."