Chapter 1

Loki's POV:

"I promise you, brother, the sun will shine on us again." 

I don't really remember why I said those words while attempting to distract Thanos. Maybe it was to give Thor false hope or motivation. It ended up backfiring on me. I thought the Hulk was a lot better than he was. 

Either way, I knew it would be the last times I would ever see my brother. As Thanos was in the process of choking me to death, I cloned myself and hid in the back of the ship. 

But I couldn't stay long. I had to leave this place. If they realized it was only a fake, they'd destroy the ship faster than any of us could think.

I could hear Thor's cries and I winced a little. "Oh, brother, how you mourn me." Not wanting to stay any longer, I vanish from the ship.

*** 

My body didn't handle the transportation very well. With Heimdall not able to transport me, it was a lot more difficult to get places. Not to mention I left the middle of space to go billions of miles away.

My back was up against a tree, and I was gasping for air. My leg was seemingly broken, and my stomach had a nasty gash through it. My lungs were constricted and I could tell damage was done to my throat because of Thanos. It seems space travel isn't so easy without something aiding you. 

Focusing in front of me, I notice people walking around on the grass, talking to each other, laughing, oblivious to any problem in the galaxy.

"How stupid." 

I made a guess I was on Midguard. The clothing, people, and look of the places around me reminded me of the times I was previously on this planet. Surely some people might recognize me. 

I tried to move and grunted, falling to the side. I wasn't healing. My injuries remained. 

"Damn." I mutter, forcing myself back in a sitting position. I had to get out of here before someone spotted me. I had to make sure I stayed hidden. Even if I wore Midguardian clothing, my face is still recognizable.

As I surveyed the surroundings, I noticed different types of beasts walking around with humans, and they seemed to be friendly. Nothing abnormal or suspicious about them. I observed a small beast, who looked both incredibly happy but incredibly stupid.

"That'll have to do." I mutter, and use the remainder of my strength to disguise myself as the small black beast. 

The world got a lot smaller, and my vision was terribly limited. But in this form, I was invisible. No one would ever think it was me.

***

Lucy's POV:

The park was as busy as ever today. It was always nice to come and watch other people enjoy their time and love on their animals. To me, it proved humanity was still good. 

I didn't have a dog, but I used to. She was a golden retriever - Lucky. "Lucky and Lucy" is what my family always used to call us. It was quite bothersome that they placed Lucky over me, but she was the best girl, so how could I blame them? 

Lucky - along with my family - was killed seven years ago. We were visiting New York at the time, and got caught up in some horrid attack. People said it was aliens or something like that. But ever since then, I've never been back. I live in Boston, strangely enough. It's a good location to work and be around beautiful scenery. I don't think I could ever be brave enough to go back to New York.

I find solace in the park. It really brings me a peace I cannot get many other places. 

My eyes scan the park, seeing so many different types of dogs, puppies, and even some owners with cats. How strange it is to think you could walk a cat.