Chapter 13

Just FYI: I love this song and I think it kind of fits. So if y'all want to listen you can :)

Lucy's POV:

My eyelids feel heavy as I wake up. Last night flashes in my head. So much happened in such a short time. The club, the ride home, Loki confessing he led the attack that killed my family, and then those two men...and Loki saving me.

I barely open my eyes and blink several times, trying to get my eyesight to focus. I'm not on my pillow.

My head is resting against Loki's chest and I look up. His eyes are still closed and he looks like he's sound asleep. His breathing is even, and the rhythmic movements almost put me back to sleep.

I shouldn't have asked him to stay with me. But I didn't want to be alone – or more like I felt I couldn't be alone – after last night.

I carefully move away from Loki, trying to be as quiet as possible so I don't wake him. I scoot off of my bed and head to the bathroom. After relieving myself and washing my hands, I go back out into my room. My eyes widen a little when I don't see Loki lying in bed.

I walk out of the bedroom cautiously, and when I come to the living room, Loki is standing by the front door.

"What are you doing?" I ask, and I hate that my voice sounds panicked. Loki turns and looks at me, a sad look in his eyes.

"I figured I've overstayed my welcome. I didn't think you'd still want me here." He says and I frown. Even though I know he is a dangerous man...I don't want him to go. There's so much I don't understand about him. As much as I should know to throw him out, there's a major part of me that doesn't want him to leave me. 

"No," I say and Loki looks both surprised and in pain. Before he can speak I continue. "I deserve a full explanation. I know you left out a lot of details last night because you were in a hurry to explain yourself. And I didn't exactly get to process everything as I'd hoped to." I whisper, holding my arms to my stomach.

I shake my head to clear last night's events from my head. I can't afford to focus on that. It'll only hurt me.

"I want to know your entire story, Loki. I deserve that much." I say and his shoulders droop. He looks a little torn and opens his mouth to say what I assumed was a no, but he lets out a sigh, shaking his head.

"Fine, I will tell you. You're right. You do at least deserve an explanation." He says, coming over to sit on the couch. I sit a few feet from him, leaning against the back and bringing my feet up, crossing them on the couch. I look over at him expectantly, and he takes in a deep breath, looking over at me.

Loki's POV:

Lucy waits patiently for me to begin. I'm still trying to understand why she's even letting me explain. Or rather, why she's so adamant about knowing about my past. I don't understand how her mind works. But she was right; I did at least owe it to her to tell her about me. I've put her through too much not to.

"I always felt like the overshadowed son growing up. My father favored my brother, Thor, over me my whole life. I thought it was because he had already chosen Thor as king, and that he was the worthy one. I was not respected or taken seriously. I never understood why, but I always sought respect because of it," I begin, feeling strange saying all of this to her. She stays silent, intently listening to my story.

"Of course I'd play tricks and do all sorts of things to people. Sometimes it was to get attention; others it was because I was bored." I chuckle a little, remembering all sorts of fond memories of letting snakes chase people around, stabbing Thor multiple times and tricking him, and so much more.