Chapter 34

Loki's POV:

I cannot help the joy I feel as Lucy and I dance together for the first time as husband and wife. She looks absolutely incredible. She has always been beautiful; seeing her like this made her almost unworldly. She truly was a goddess and her dress accentuated that perfectly.

And she thinks she can be sly, putting a green hue in her dress and not thinking I wouldn't notice. It makes me incredibly happy that even though this is her big day, she still thought of me and what I'd want.

I twirl Lucy around gently: she's carrying our child still. I can't be too rough with her. She is delicate right now and I shall treat her as such.

As I bring Lucy back to me she smiles. I lean in and kiss her. I've missed her over the past three weeks. But the boys finally began cooperating with me so I couldn't risk going to her and leaving them alone. This would have been a disaster wedding instead.

And now look at this. Everyone came. All of the Avengers showed up (maybe some out of force) but they're all here for our wedding. And Lucy is the centerpiece of everything.

"I cannot keep my eyes off of you, darling. You are glowing." I say as I pull away and she giggles.

"It must be the makeup," she jokes and I grin. "But I'm incredibly happy, Loki."

"I am too."

After our dance finishes, everyone gives us a long round of applause. I stare out at our people with a smile. Finally, everything I've ever dreamed of...I have it. It's here. I have a kingdom, I'm a king, and I have a Queen so astounding to stand by me.

Lucy gives a shy wave to some of the women who had waved at her first, and when she does, they get excited and begin to talk amongst themselves. "They already adore you." I whisper in her ear and I see a smile come to her face. She looks back at me.

"It's strange since they don't know me though." I shrug and give her a cheesy grin.

"Well, they know what I've told them. I'd been announcing your arrival for two weeks. Each time I announced something, I would tell them more and more about you. So they do already feel connected to you." I say and Lucy blushes.

"Oh I hope it was all good things." She murmurs and I chuckle, leading her off the floor so other people would be encouraged to dance more.

"Darling I have nothing but good to speak of you." I kiss her forehead before motioning to everyone. "This is our party, Lucy. Enjoy yourself. Just don't overdo it." I say, putting a hand on her stomach and I immediately pull it back, my eyebrows narrowed down.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asks and I look up at her.

"Your stomach is burning up."

Lucy's face turns into one of surprise and she puts her hands on her stomach. "Oh," she laughs and shakes her head. "This is normal."

I stare at her both confused and worried. How is a ridiculously hot stomach normal?

"Our little babies are active." She says and I nod, carefully placing a hand on her stomach. Last time I felt it, it was freezing. Now it was hot?

Wait.

My eyes widen in shock and I look up at Lucy's face distraught. "Babies?!" I gape and she gives me a huge smile.

"We're having twins."

I stare at her for I don't know how long. Twins. Two. Two babies. There's two of them in her. I'm having two children. Oh sweet mother of Odin.

"Are you okay?" Lucy asks and I see the nervousness in her eyes. I quickly shake my head and regain my composure.

"This is fine. I mean, I just, I was caught off-guard. We're having twins?" I ask, ashamed of my own inability to keep myself composed with her. She always gets me tongue-tied in some way.