Chapter 35

The video is purely for your enjoyment, and the gif is how graceful I wish I could be thanking people. Thank you guys so much for reading this through to the end and sticking with this story. It's been a great ride, y'all! 

Loki's POV:

It's been six months since our wedding. 

Lucy is huge now. Our babies are growing incredibly quick inside of her stomach to a point it concerns me. However, she always remains positive and happy, despite how many episodes she has where she's in pain because of them.

Pepper told me everything I needed to know about Lucy's little attacks. She often takes the brunt of the pain because of the activeness of our children yet she refuses to acknowledge how difficult this process is for her. I wish she wasn't so stubborn sometimes. It would make it a lot easier for me to help her.

Granted, Lucy is due soon, so of course she's in the most pain now. But I've watched her struggle for the past five to six months with carrying our children. She's lost weight, she doesn't eat as much, and she has bags under her eyes because she cannot sleep more than two hours at a time.

I find Lucy resting near the study. She's lying across one of the chaises we have and bathing in the sun. She looks peaceful yet in pain. I've tried healing her; but this was something my healing couldn't make disappear. I could only numb it for her occasionally.

Lucy spots me and gives me a bright smile. She motions for me to join her so I oblige, walking over to where she lies and I sit at her feet. I take her foot in my hands and begin massaging it for her. It was swelling slightly; apparently that's a side effect for giving birth I had never known about.

"How are you feeling today, darling?" I ask and Lucy adjusts so she can look at me better.

"I'm tired," she admits. "But I'm still kicking. So are they." She chuckles and I grin. I pause my massage and put a hand on her stomach. The mixture of heat and cold against my hand gives me an indescribable feeling. I feel kicking against Lucy's stomach and I rub back and forth to soothe her and them.

"They've always been so active." I say and Lucy nods.

"Yes," she looks back at me. "How are things with the people? Were you able to settle the land dispute fairly?" she asks and I chuckle, getting back to massaging her feet, this time taking the other foot.

"The people are prospering. The land deal was finished fairly. The farmer still has possession of it. It was his land before his father passed. It doesn't matter at this point what the paper says. He proved he was in possession so they cannot take it from him." I say and Lucy lets out a breath of relief.

"Oh I'm so glad. He looked like he was telling the truth when he first came to us with the dispute a month ago. I'm glad it was all sorted." She says and gives me a smile.

"You always have the people's best interest at heart." I say and she shakes her head at me.

"No, I think that's you. You rule justly; I rule with feeling. It doesn't quite turn out as good."

"I would disagree." I chuckle and Lucy rolls her eyes before looking at me.

"What did the other party say?"

I stop rubbing her foot and look down. They were not pleased with me, that was for sure. But they also knew the law. No one could try to usurp land from another owner. If they tried it was met with consequences.

"Well they aren't pleased. They've been stripped of their title and land for the next month as recompense, since that's how long this ordeal took to solve. Once that month is up, they'll get their own property back. Fair law." I sigh and Lucy smiles.