Chapter 19

This fits Loki for the chapter :)

Loki's POV:

We had arrived before nightfall to the place the conference was being held. I stayed relatively quiet as Lucy checked us into our hotel room. I found it odd that you pay to sleep somewhere when you're a guest, but I suppose that is just a tradition in Midgard.

Once we had our bags placed in the room, Lucy wanted to go exploring. It was actually quite cute how excited she was. Her eyes glistened in delight as we walk through the streets of the city. There were many lights on to light up the streets, and Lucy was having fun leading me around to different food stands.

We stopped in front of one stand that had odd looking food separated out onto plates.

"Loki we should try these!" Lucy says excitedly, getting free samples of some this strange food and offering me one. I look over at the vendor, and the lady offers a friendly smile, nodding her head in encouragement to me.

"Alright," I say, taking what looked like rice wrapped around fish...that was not cooked. And something black? Or green? "And what exactly is this?" I question and Lucy laughs at me.

"It's sushi. They have a Korean barbecue place down the road and they're giving out free samples." She explains and I try my hardest not to scrunch my nose up at this 'barbecue'.

Lucy eats her little roll in one bit and I look down at my own. Well, this shouldn't kill me.

I eat it just as she had, and I am pleasantly surprised that it did not taste disgusting. Lucy goes to ask me how I like it, but her mouth is still full and she ends up giving me a thumbs up to ask instead. I laugh at her enthusiasm: she reminds me of a small child.

I swallow my sushi and nod to her. "It was good." My answer satisfies her and she smiles after she finally swallows her food.

We thank the vendor and continue walking down the street, Lucy pointing out some 'famous' sites in this city and I watch her in adoration. She walks beside me, her long hair bouncing with her peppy steps and I cannot help but smile. She is such a unique human. I've never even met an Asgardian like her.

"The casino is over there! Do you see all the different lights?" Lucy asks me, pointing in the distance and I follow her finger. There's a giant building in the distance and it is lit up in colors of purple, orange, blue, and more. An odd feeling hits my stomach; the lightshow bitterly reminded me of Sacaar.

"I don't really fancy being turned into a champion." I mutter and Lucy looks at me confused. I shake my head and laugh. "Inside joke, darling. Nothing to worry about."

We continue walking, leaving the casino in the distance. Lucy began pointing at museums and things of the sort the more we walk, claiming how these are amazing historical remembrances for America. She starts to walk a little ahead of me, getting excited as she starts to target her next food spot.

I look around me as we walk and I see a few guys starting to watch Lucy closely. I can see them whispering to one another and I feel anger spark in my stomach. Lucy was oblivious to the people around her because of her excitement. She looks at me and smiles.

"Lucy, wait by this stall for me. I'll be right back." I say, smiling broadly at her and she nods her head, a little confused but unquestioning of my actions. And that is your innocence showing, darling.

I leave Lucy by herself and make my way over to the group of guys, who were now slowly inching over to where Lucy stood alone. "That's what I thought," I growl disgusted. Midgardians are hideous, lawless creatures.