Chapter 31

Lucy's POV:

Pepper, Morgan and I are all at this incredibly fancy dress store. I've never seen such exquisite dresses in my life. All around me are dresses of glittering stones, encrusted within the whitest dresses I've known in my life.

"This is amazing." I whisper and Pepper smiles at me.

"This is where Tony took me to get my wedding dress. I'm sure if he were here, he would've taken you to this place as well." She says and I give her a smile.

"Thank you," I say and start looking around. "I'll have to find the perfect one then. He wouldn't agree to anything else." Both of us chuckle.

A man approaches us and spreads his arms out wide when he sees Pepper. "Ahh, my dear Pepper! You're back!" his French accent was thick and Pepper goes up to him. He kisses both her cheeks and she does the same to be culturally appropriate.

"We are in need of a dress that would rattle a god." Pepper says and the man grins ear to ear.

"Then you are in the right place. Let's get to work." He says Pepper points at me.

"She's your subject, Monsieur Luis." I suddenly feel a little uneasy as he comes over to me, looking at my shape.

"Oh yes, we have perfect shape to do your dress! What styles do you want included? Any undertones, overtones, jewel placements, neckline perforations, length, train, and more?" he bombards me and I blink several times, trying to get my mind to comprehend everything he was saying.

"Okay, let's see..." I pause to think about what I want this dress to look like. "A floor-length dress, tight on my chest and sides, but flows down from there out to the ground. A decent train behind me, but not so much that I'll trip over myself. Make it removable." I start and both of us begin to get excited as he takes notes on what I want.

"I would like the dress to be a brilliant white, but the undertone a light emerald green: only to be seen when I sway or swirl. Umm, add some jewels to a sweetheart neckline. I want sleeves down to my elbows, and then material flowing down from it, like an ancient Greek goddess or elves." I say and Luis claps his hands together.

"Truly you want a one of a kind dress to baffle the gods!" he cheers and I smile, looking over at Pepper. He has no idea.

"I have the perfect idea on how to make this dress of yours become a reality. I'll have my own personal touch on it to make this a wonderful dress unlike any other!"

The man leads me to a small platform and I stand. He takes out a tape measure and begins measuring my length, chest, torso, waist, and all that fun stuff.

"Maybe add one or two inches on the stomach." I say and he gives me an inquisitive look.

"Most women want to trim up before the wedding. Why do you want to gain?" he asks and Pepper laughs.

"No, no, not like that. She's early on." She says and Luis' eyes widen and he looks at me with a huge smile.

"Congratulations, Mon Amie! Is it your future husband?" I nod my head with a smile and the man puffs his chest out.

"Well, even more reason to make you look like the most spectacular woman in the room!"

Pepper walks around with Morgan, letting the little girl look at dresses and even try on a few tiaras. The French stylist focuses on me and grabs a base for the dress, starting his work.

"This takes hours, Mademoiselle. Are you good to stand?" he asks and I nod my head. I put a hand on my stomach and feel the cool begin to spread. She knows I'm here. I smile softly and take in a deep breath, breathing through the pain starting to emerge in my abdomen.