Chapter 27

Enjoy the chapter!!

Loki's POV:

They had everything figured out. They would be going for the infinity stones in New York during my attack, Asgard when my mother dies, and then two other realms I've heard of. The realm Vormir where the soul stone is kept is cursed. Black Widow and Hawkeyes are the ones heading there and I can't help but feel I should warn at least one of them about that world.

"You stay here and keep an eye on things. If the machine starts malfunctioning, press this green button and pull the lever. Wait thirty seconds for the levels to balance out, and then put the lever back to normal. If they don't level out, hit that red button. It'll automatically bring everybody back." Tony says and I nod.

"Please, only try to bring us all back if this place is about to explode or if the machine is about to explode. Basically only in a dire emergency do you bring us back before we complete our mission." He says and I roll my eyes.

"I got it." I say before looking at Thor. He eyes me sadly before he looks to the group.

"He shouldn't sit this out. He's part of this whole thing." Thor says and my eyes widen in surprise. The group looks at him shocked.

"He could easily mess this entire thing up." Steve says and I sigh.

"Why would I mess up the one chance for me to get the woman I love back?" I ask and Thor puts a hand on my shoulder.

"He will come with me and the rabbit. We can keep a close eye on him." Thor says and Steve looks like he is about to object. I give him a wry smile.

"So you don't trust me to go on the mission with you, but you'll trust me to potentially save your life and bring you back should things go wrong on this side? That's some very hypocritical logic there, Steve." I slyly point out and he opens his mouth to say something but stops.

"I suppose this side is stable enough. Every door is locked. This place is under lock and key. I'll get F.R.I.D.A.Y. to make sure everything goes smoothly. And he's right. He won't mess this up because if he does, he'll never see Lucy again." Tony says, looking at me and I give him a nod. Who would've thought I'd actually get along with the man of iron.

"We trust Thor and Rocket. They can handle him." Natasha comments and I grin. Everybody finally obliges and I thank Thor.

"Truly, brother, I thank you. I would've been so worried just sitting here doing nothing." I say and he smiles at me.

"Of course, but I will say this: you cannot betray us. I'll have your head if you do." He warns and I roll my eyes. Why doesn't anybody believe me when I say I won't turn on them?

Lucy would believe you.

The thought entering my head was comforting and I smile a little. Would she be proud of what I was doing? I would hope so.

Tony helps me suit up quickly and I raise an eyebrow at Stark. "I thought you wouldn't make me a suit. You know, because they would never let me go." I sarcastically comment and he gives me a wry smile.

"I had a feeling, okay? Don't spoil it." I chuckle at his comment and line up with the rest of them around the giant platform.

I stand next to Thor and Natasha. I look at her conflicted. Taking a deep breath, I force my way into her mind. I couldn't say this out loud without everybody hearing.

"You know," I begin and I see her stiffen a little before looking over at me. She looked worried. "I'm not taking over your mind. I just need to talk without prying ears." She lets out a breath and I smile slightly at her mistrust, but grow serious once more.