xv.

"alicia." chase gritted out. "what are you doing here?"

"i already told you," her big blue eyes widened, "i needed to make sure that you were alright. that was such a nasty hit, baby. and that fire?" she stepped towards him, a hand on his face.

chase stepped back, "i don't know why you'd care now, alicia."

"i love you chase." she inched closer. "i just needed attention that you didn't give me so i had to find it in other men." she placed a hand on his cheek, her blue eyes piercing through him.

chase's heart pounded, her scent intoxicating him. chase blinked a couple of times, reminding himself what she had done to him. he reached up, removing her hand from his space, "you don't get to blame me for your indiscretions, alicia. that's not how this works."

"isn't it though? i've done a lot of soul searching chase. and i've come to realize that you're it, you're my soul mate. but --"

chase cut her off. "that door has closed, alicia."

"oh right." alicia sat down on the sofa, a smirk on her lips as she looked up at chase. "you've already moved on. i will say, chase, the timing is suspect. do you have anything you'd like to confess? any indiscretions?" she cocked an eyebrow, "it's okay, unlike you, i understand that we're all humans and we make mistakes." she leaned back triumphantly, "speaking of, how is ryan doing?" her blue eyes sparkled at him. god, she was so beautiful -- chase couldn't deny it. it was what had attracted him to her in the first place and then she used her beauty and her cunningness to wrap herself around him and refused to let go.

"you need to leave, alicia." chase chewed on his lip, his heart pounding in his ears. "i have nothing to say to you."

alicia stood up, "you don't have to say anything chase. you forget that i know you better than anybody. i always get what i want."

"i moved on alicia." chase backed away from her. "i love her."

"does she love you back?" alicia looked up expectantly, waiting for chase's inevitable nod. "do you think she'd love you if i told her what an asshole you were to me? all of the nights that you left me alone in bed while you were doing god knows what with lord only knows who?" she stepped froward, closer this time so they were touching.

chase let out a dry laugh. "i never cheated on you and you know that, alicia. stop trying to twist things to make me the bad guy."

"but your girl, what is her name again? kathryn claire, right. what a beautiful and unique name." chase tensed at the mention of kathryn claire's name. he had no idea how she had gotten kathryn claire's name but a ball of fear started forming in his stomach. alicia smiled sweetly at chase, noticing his discomfort as she continued talking. "quite interesting that she managed to get an internship at hms but you have always been rick's sweetheart, haven't you? but i'm getting distracted. what i meant to say was it would be a shame if dear old kathryn claire found out what kind of boyfriend you really are. that once you get what you want from her, you'll drop the doting boyfriend act."

chase shook his head. "you're not ruining this for me, alicia."

she let out a sarcastic laugh, stepping towards him, a faint beeping of the keypad outside. "oh baby, you're going to ruin this all on your own." before chase could even react, her lips were on his.

the door opened, but chase was paralyzed. every muscle, every neuron in his brain told him he needed to move and he couldn't.

"chase?" a voice squeaked as alicia finally broke the kiss with a triumphant grin on her face. "what's going on?"