Classes

Classes started on the following Monday. Luckily for the students, September First was on a Friday so everyone had two days before classes started. Of course those two days were spent trying to find their classes, because Hogwarts was huge, there were a hundred and forty two staircases and they moved as you tried to navigate them. Even with the Prefect's help, everyone got lost.

Lily still had about zero idea where her classes were when it was actually time to go to them. And she had gotten seperated from the other first year whom normally travelled together when she went to the bathroom

Okay, think Lily, she told herself, walking briskly without any destination. Herbology was in the greenhouses. Transfiguration, Gryffindor Tower. Potions, the Dungeons. Where was Charms again? Wait, is the History of Magic classroom on the second floor or thirty second floor?

Lily tried focusing and took a deep breath. All she had to do was just worry about today. She had Potions and Charms class. Easy enough, but Lily didn't know how to get to the dungeons. Luckily the passing Slytherin group offeed solace. "Albus!" She yelled, smiling in relief.

He smiled when he saw her and broke away from the third year Slytherins, and his best friend, Scorpius joined him. Rose, Albus, and Scorpius were like the nest golden trio, though Rose was in Ravenclaw, not Slytherin like the other two. Despite their parents having a fued with Scorpius's dad when they were at Hogwarts, Albus had quickly made friends with him, and in turn so had Rose.  "Hey, are you lost? Why didn't you stay with the other first year Ravenclaws?" He asked, looking around.

"Well, I had to use the restroom, so Cassandra told me how to get to Potions class in the dungeons but a ghost in the bathroom messed with my head. And now I'm lost," she complained.

The ghost in the Girl's Bathroom was crying so Lily had cleared her throat to let her know she was in there, and of course if she needed something, Lily could help, so long as she didn't make her late to class. However, the ghost had started yelling at Lily for making fun of her. When Lily had told her that she had to leave for Potions class, the ghost girl had, generously told her how to get there, in the most confusing way possible, if she'd even end up at Potions ever. Then, when Lily had said she wasn't going to believe her because she was just trying to get her lost, treating her like James did, she used a cruel bout of reverse psychology to make her think up, is down. Looks like it had worked.

"Moaning Myrtle, no doubt." Albus shook his head. He turned to Scorpius, who was laughing under his breath, which made Lily frown. Scorpius was rather full of himself for a thirteen year old, and he liked to think that he was so much older and more mature than her, even though two years wasn't a big difference. "Tell Binns that I'm helping a first year," Albus asked, and with a nod, Scorpius jogged to catch back up with the group.

Albus led her to an, obviously, older part of the castle and down some steps into a cold dungeon, like one out of the storybooks, rather dark and quiet, though the echoes of the class convening could be heard everywhere. Not exactly a learning environment, Lily thought. But now everyone was staring at them as the two siblings sauntered in and interrupted Professor Parkinson's teaching.

She looked about ready to kill until she saw it was Albus, whom every teacher loved, expecially the potions teacher, and Slytherin Head of House, Professor Parkinson, who liked to think Albus was her protege. She had hated their father, and was in fact a believed threat in the Auror's office for being a dark wizard. Not that she was supposed to know that, but when you're left at home, there's not much to do besides snoop through the very interesting paperwork of her father's work, and eavesdrop on conversations not meant for her ears.

"I am very sorry for my sister's tardiness Professor Parkinson, she was caught up in Myrtle's bathroom." He explained, as though that was all the explanation needed to sell Parkinson, and apparently it was. The. Ravenclaws all looked worried, but the Slytherins snickered. Well most of them did, except for the one that didnt talk. That one looked sympathetic.

"Well of course, I believe we've all had our runnings-in with Myrtle, and it is the first day of classes, I suppose we'll let this one slide. Take a seat with the other Ravenclaws, Ms. Potter." She said, her voice not unkind. A few of the Slytherin's eyes widened at the sound of her last name, and Lily was convinced Professor Parkinson said her name to purposefully make them hate her more.

Lily sat next to Hugo and Lorcan, who were obviously holding her a seat, if she ever retuned. Lorcan was staring at his brother, hoping for eye contact or any reaction at all really.

"I cant believe it." Lorcan whispered, as they started a pretest on basic potions. "He hasn't said a word to me since—"

"Scamander!" Parkinson snapped. Both Lysander and Lorcan's head shot up from their paper and she looked slightly conflicted for a second. "The one in Ravenclaw." She corrected, although it was unnecessary. Due to his lack of speaking in general, Lysander would never cheat on a test. Then again, he was a Slytherin.

"Wouldn't it be easier to call me Lorcan?" Lorcan muttered, out of Parkinson's ear shot. Chances were she couldn't tell them apart, for Lily still couldn't.

Charms was much easier than potions, mostly because it was taught by a short, old man whom was also Ravenclaw's Head of House, Professor Flitwick. He had taught here since before her father was a student here and was, alongside Binns and Trelawney, one of the oldest teachers.

"Hello students!" Professor Flitwick started, "I see I have my House here, hello fellow Ravenclaw's. As well as Hufflepuff. My class is very hands on and will move quite quickly, everyone have their wands?" Of course they all did. "Ah, good, and your spellbooks?" Everyone pulled those out as well.

Flitwick was a great teacher, and an amazing wizard. He told the class he was a dueling champion when he was younger but that they would not learn dueling in his class.

We did, however learn simple charms that were usable only on objects. "Not people, I repeat, Not people." Flitwick repeated for the fifth time, as reckless students started to turn their wands on each other, testing if he was only bluffing.

"Hey Lily!" Lorcan, said next to her, the never faltering smile plastered on his face. "I think I got it! Wingardium Leviosa!" He cast, weilding his wand at the feather as he slowly lifted it into the air. His wand was a light color, perhaps Aspen, like Lily's own, only it was not so silvery. A white Oak, maybe, and 12 ish inches.

Lily's was of an aspen wood and unicorn hair core, 10 1/2 inches, and slightly springy. The day she had gotten it, the wandmaker had told her she was going to be great, for aspen wood was that of the revolutionaries.

It was not to say that LIly was unimpressed, it was great that he had been able to do so, but the levitating charm was rather easy, that was why it was the first taught one, and Lily had gotten it on her first try. She smiled encouragingly at him, and looked at Hugo, who was staring uselessly at his feather, a frown on his face.

After Charms, the Ravenclaws returned to their common room and most of the students retreated to their dormitory with a book from the shelf or played a game of wizard chess. Hugo, who had been taught the game by his father, challenged Lily to a game, but she had been humiliated one too many times to accept that offer, however Lorcan, the poor guy, accepted. Lily was sure hehad ever experienced a defeat so great.