The Eagle Troupe

Professor Ashbury was furious that Headmaster Slughorn had not given any of us detention or even taken a single point away from our houses. She tried to show her disdain for me through displays of hated during her class. I imagine this was difficult due to the fact we had started our end of term exams.

Almost all of our time was spent in our classes, which had been elongated. The exams were held during the last week of school and there was a physical and written exam for each subject. So, this is fun.

Outside of the classroom, however, student had a lot more freedom. Less teachers roamed the halls. Due to this, I couldn't walk down a corridor without finding an older couple snogging!

Being 11, I had never had a boyfriend, let alone a first kiss. Honestly, I didn't find many people attractive. I mean, sure, I had seen my fair share of cute Hogwarts boys but I never displayed, or received, any interest.

The closest I've gotten to someone even crushing on my was Lysander, who shot down the idea and called it mad.

The only other boys in my life besides my family were Lorcan and Scorpius. Of course they were cute but they haven't exactly been showing interest in me.

Besides, I was too busy with school for a boyfriend. I had a reputation to live up to.

Speaking of me failing miserably to live up to my family's reputation, we had not had a single advancement in finding the dark wizard. The boys were still sweet on Haley Greyback, but speaking to her was insanely difficult.

Never in my life had I met a girl so shy, elusive, and content with absolute solitude.

The books never saw her in the Gryffindor common room. I only had one class with her, in which she sat in the back, a hooded robe covering her face. I honestly had no idea what she looked like.

We tried to find her on the Marauders Map, but again, she only ever stayed in her common room. Sometimes she would roam but hardly ever was she in a section of the castle that wasn't restricted.

So, since the end of term was so quickly approaching, we put it off for next year.

Soon enough, Maybelle and I found ourselves packing our belongings and hastily readying for the ride back to Kings Cross.

It was warner than we were ever used to at Hogwarts. Albus claimed it was like this every year. The sun beat down on us as we made our way to the train. I walked with Maybelle, Lorcan, and Hugo. Albus and Scorpius were nearby.

From the sound of his laugh, I concluded James was behind us. Sure enough, I turned to see him, Rose, and a very pretty Gryffindor girl whom he was holding hands with. When he caught me watching, he learned over and snogged her. While she was in mid-sentence!

She didn't seem to mind though. Her story was forgotten as she melted and kissed back, enthusiastically. I turned and quickened my pace.

That was when Lysander walked up, silently joining his brother. He sent me a smile but was obviously back to his silent treatment.

"Oh no you don't!" Lorcan said, punching him in the arm. "Lily had informed me that you talk! Now we get to do all kinds of brotherly stuff!"

Lysander have me a playful glare and laughed. "I don't know, I don't think I quite fit the requirements for the Eagle Troupe. You know, the main one being: be a Ravenclaw."

" That's not true!" I argued. "We have a Gryffindor and a Slytherin! Unlike some houses, we don't discriminate!" I stuck my tongue out at him.

" Real mature, Lils," he replied with a smirk. " Okay I'll join. Just don't shower me with happiness and love and rainbows, or whatever it is you guys do!"

" That's exactly what we do, Lysander." I said, sarcastically.

We laughed and continued to the train until we found a compartment that was empty and could fit all of us. We joked and laughed and forgot about our worries. Every one was having a good time.

Suddenly, I felt sick. I looked around and the walls seemed to be closing in on me. I had never been claustrophobic but I felt as though I was now.

"Excuse me," I said, standing, and trying with difficulty not to fall. "I need some fresh air" I mumbled probably incoherently. I exited or compartment and Everey hoped down to follow.

I shoved through the crowds of students, making my way to the back of the train until I found an empty compartment that looked safe. It would have to do.

I shut the door behind me and lied down on the seat, closing my eyes. I must have fallen asleep because something woke me. A voice.

" Look what we gave here." It was a girl's voice. I opened my eyes to see a girl in normal clothes. She must have changed out of her robes.

" Do I know you?" I asked, sitting up.I was already sure I didn't. That and the bad feeling in my stomach was proof that this was a dangerous situation.

" Of course you do," the girl said. "I'm Haley Greyback."