A New Friend

How did I get in this compartment? Where were Maybelle, Lorcan, Lysander, and Hugo?

Then, it all slowly came back. I felt claustrophobic, I needed air. I came down to this compartment and laid down.. I must have fallen asleep.

That would explain why I was being shaken gently by someone. However, it didn't explain why I was on the floor.

The girl shaking me had light brown hair and eyes to match. Those eyes were full of concern. There was a sense of familiarity that surrounded her. She was no longer in her Hogwarts robes.

" Are you okay?" She asked, eyes darting about my face.

I sat up, my head spinning and pounding. All I wanted to do was lie back down. " What happened?" I asked.

"I don't know," she said, sadly. "I just came back from changing, and you were lying on the floor.. Do you need help back to your compartment?" She asked, offering a hand.

"Thanks.." I said, taking it and using her to stand. " I'm Lily, by the way," I told her, once I had steadied myself.

" Oh, no need to introduce yourself, Lily! I know who you are, everyone does! Your things daughter of Harry Potter, its great to finally meet you!" she exclaimed, with the same admiration Maybelle regarded me with.

" My name is Haley, I'm a Gryffindor." She said. Haley... Gryffindor.. That's why she was so familiar! She was Haley Greyback! The one that had been avoiding us. She was so sweet though.

I noticed there was only one trunk in her compartment. She was alone. The others wouldn't be happy if I brought her back. But, overall my morals refused to let me leave her.

" Are you all alone in here, Haley? You can come sit with me and my friends if you want," I told her.

" Really? Oh! That's so kind of you! I'd love to! You're so nice! I'm glad the fame hasn't gone to your head!" She exlaimed. I had the feeling she had experience with someone like that.

I led- or she led, since she was supporting me- us to our compartment. When we reached the compartment, the boys looked up. Since they knew who she was, Lorcan and Hugo looked shocked.

" Guys," I said trying to eased the tension that was thick enough to cut with a knife. " This is Haley. she's really nice. She helped me when I just kind of collapsed.. She was sitting alone, so I invited her to join us."

"Hi," Haley said, timidly, almost hiding behind me. Maybelle, not getting the connection, offered the seat beside her.

The boys, however, were more wary. Lorcan kept training to catch my eye, but I pretending to be interested in Maybelle's story. Finally, I decided to change my robes.

After I changed, I made my way back to our compartment but I was interrupted. I was pulled into a compartment and at first, all I registered was Hugo's mad of red hair, but then, I got a glimpse at the bright blonde and almost black haired boys sitting in front of me.

" What the bloody hell are you doing,Lily!?" Scorpius yelled, accusingly. He and Albus had already changed into normal clothes, whereas Hugo was still in his robes.

" If this is about Haley," I started, "forget it. I'm not ruling her out, everyone is a suspect. She's really nice. Even if it is just an act, for now, she hasn't done any harm. I'll be prepared if she turns on us."

"You won't be prepared," Albus countered. " Not if you let her in. Not if you let your guard down."

" I'm not stupid!" I exclaimed, sudden anger rushing out of nowhere. "How about you don't interfere with my life, Albus!? I can pick my own friends. Come on, Hugo!" I said, making my way out of the compartment.

I wasn't sure where all that pent up aggression came from. But even worse, it felt great.