Surprise

The students returned from Christmas vacation, although, it seemed as though the number had slightly decreased. But why on earth would anyone want to leave Hogwarts? Obviously, thier parents knew something we didn't.

I mentioned this at one of our library study sessions.

"Lily! Your a genius!" Maybelle gushed. "So what don't we know?" She asked. If Maybelle wasn't so innocent and clueless, I'd probably accused her of trying to bait me. But I think Maybelle honestly thought I knew. I couldn't lie, I loved her admiration.

"Well, I don't quite know yet.. But we can figure this out." I said, optimistcally.

"We?" Lorcan asked, his voice laced half with jealousy and half with admiration. "More like you, Lily. You're the smart one who figures these things out. We're all just your sidekicks."

I was taken aback and Hugo looked like he had been betrayed. Maybelle stared at him in shock. She was probably suprised he found a flaw in me.

"That's not true, Lorcan, we're a team. An equal team. We couldn't have found anything out if we hadn't all done something." I argued.

"Oh, really? What did any of us do to help you?" He exclaimed, getting us some weird looks from other students and a death glare from Madam Pince.

"First, shh, you're going to get us kicked out." I warned. " And you guys have all done things. Hugo came with me into the Forbidden Forest, you confronted Lysander with me, and if Maybelle hadnt seen that-" I cut myself off. "Well you know. We wouldn't be aware of that."

Lorcan looked thoughtful. "But you always piece it together. You figured everything out."

"Lorcan. Stop. We're a team. Okay?" I replied. He gave me a small nod and we finished studying in silence.

Our walk to the common room was also quiet, due to the lack of Lorcan's regular chattiness.

The next day, Lorcan was in a much better mood. My mood however didn't escalate until DADA class when Professor Finnigan gave us some news.

" So, as I'm sure those of you with older siblings here at Hogwarts know, I often have a very special guest and a good friend of mine come in and visit my class," He announced.

I almost fell out of my seat. Not only did I have older siblings but I also happened to live with this guest.

"Students, please welcome Harry Potter!" Professor Finnigan stepped aside and my father stepped into the middle of the classroom. There were oohs and ahhs from around the classroom and a lot of eyes traveled to me.

"Hello first years," my dad greeted the class with a warm smile. " My name is Harry Potter, although, thanks to Mr. Finnigan, I'm sure you know that. But that's not the only reason you know who I am is it?"

The class chuckled at this. We had DADA with the Gryffindors, who were beaming with pride.

" No, you know me as the chosen one, or the defeater of Voldemort. But that's not why I'm here. Now, I'm an auror. So I'm here on behalf of the ministry of magic to help students through real situations." My father launched into his lecture. Although, I would hardly call it that.

All the students were mesmerized by his experiences, but I had heard them all time and time again, in many different point of views, I could recite them in my sleep.

After the lecture, he answered questions, then class was dismissed. I made my way toward the front of the classroom.

"There you are, Lily," my dad pulled me into a bear hug. I hugged back tightly, realizing how much I missed him.

" Why didn't you write me you were coming?" I asked.

His smile just broadened. "I wanted to surprise you, sweetheart. Are you surprised?" He asked.

" Yeah, you could say that.." I replied.

"I came because Seamus called me. Honey why didn't you tell me?" He asked, concern leaking into his voice.

" Is this about the Dementors?" He nodes and I just shrugged. "I didn't get a good look, if I were you, I'd talk to Maybelle. She actually saw them." I said.

Maybelle, who had stayed behind to wait for me, as well as my other friends, gave a squeak. " I'll tell you whatever you need to know, Mr. Potter." She said, very submissively.

My dad just smiled. " Please. Call me Harry." I was sure Maybelle would faint right there.

AN!: okay, I feel like this was also short, unfortunately the next few chapters will just be filler chapters. I hope to post pictures of Lily's companions on the next chapter keep your eyes open!! <3