Quidditch

After things settled down at school, all focus turned to Quidditch especially with James' new feat, this year, he was the youngest Quidditch captain in Hogwarts history. Well, technically it was last year and Jason Wood graduated and James was next in line as captain but this year, he started his Quidditch duties.

The first Quidditch game was Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Gryffindor was a sure win, but the fans were split almost evenly. When it came to Gryffindor, near the entire school cheered for Gryffindor, besides Slytherin. The never ending fued between the two houses, was as strong as ever.

Lily had thought things would be different when she went to school, that there woud be less blood elitists, but some Slytherins, the nasty ones, sons of pure-bred through generations, still hated everything and everyone. It wasn't just Slytherins, of course, but they were most often to voice their opinions.. And since LIly was the youngest and they only girl of the hero Harry Potter, that Blood Elitists despised, not to mention a half blood, she got the ridicule they wished upon her father.

At first, it was easy to ignore, just a whisper in Potions class but then, the Slytherins started getting aggressive and bold.

"Too bad your father killed the basilisk, it could've come in handy to kill you." Basilisk jokes were the funniest to most of the crueler, older Slytherins. Slytherins in her own year weren't nearly as intimidating.

"Hey look, it's the Potter named after a dead girl!" It was ironic because most of their grandparents, some of their namesakes as well were also dead. Many even killed by her own family. Lily always made a point to tell them that it was an honor to be named after someone so grat, and if they would make fun of someone named Salazar, and that put an end to those weak jokes.

Right before the game, a meaner looking group of older Slytherins stopped her on her way to meet up with Lorcan and Hugo, who were saving seats at the Quidditch Pitch.

"Excuse me," She said, nicely, though she couldn't hide the fear that was clearly written on her face, and Slytherins could sense that like dogs. The older ones wouldn't be afriad to use spells.

"Oh guys, look at this, the little Potter wants through. You gonna make us, huh? Show us all the good that royal blood does you." One of the nastier looking boys said, with a condesending tone and very light Russian accent that somehow made his voice scarier. That got some snickers from the three others with them.

"Please just let me through." Lily said, not wanting to fight anyone of course, but also in too good of a mood to let them ruin it.

This caused them to laugh harder. "Your family is a disgusting disgrace, blood traitors, and you're no different. We should teach you a lesson. Your father is a coward—" That had made Lily laugh, though, all of their eyes widening.

"This is coming from the boy cornering an 11 year old girl with three boys twice her height and skill level." She responded, so calmly that it took a moment for the dumb-looking leader to process it.

"You little-!" He pulled out his wand and pointed it at her. Terrified, Lily squeezed her eyes shut, bracing for the curse or hex. "Petrifi-"

"Expalliarmus!" A new voice said, from behind her, and Lily heard a wand fall to the ground, only then did she open her eyes, turning her head to see a familiar blonde haired boy.

"S-S-Scorpius?" The older boy, the leader, asked. Lily was surprised by how terrified he sounded. Scorpius was only a third year, they were fifth years, at least. "Resorting to picking on little girls now, are we, Goyle?" Lily knew that name. He must have been the sn of the Goyle that her parents knew and hated as well. Sometimes the apple never fell far from the tree. " Leave her alone, and anytime you come across her in the hall, leave her alone. You may as well report this to the rest of the Slytherins. Well!? Why are you still here?" Scorpius said, not giving them a chance to react before running off, the leader grabbing his wand.

Lily was urtterly amazed that one, he'd helped her, since he was usually teasing her, but she supposed no one would let their best friend's sister get jinxed. Two, those boys were terrified of him, and obviously all Slytherins were. She figured it must have been her father's reputation. "Tha-"

"What are you doing wandering the grounds alone, Lily!?" He asked, walking briskly up to her and grabbing her forearm, pulling her down the corridor, opposite the way she was previously headed. His urgency both surprised and scared her, they were inside the safest place in the wizarding world after all.

"Wai-"

"Especially with those Slytherins, as it that's the only problem. I mean, it's almost okay because it's broad daylight, but you don't want to make a habit of it. Not in a time like this Lily. Always, always, walk with a friend. Have you got any friends? If you've got none your brothers could walk you around or I could but I guess we are terribly busy most of the time—"

Overwhelmed, Lily pulled back, ripping her arm out of his grasp. "I don't need a babysitter and I do have friends. Why on earth is it such a bad idea to walk around alone? It's Hogarts." But something he had said stood out to her specifically. "And why is it so bad at this time specifically?" She asked, thinking back on what James told her at the breakfast table.

Scorpius looked conflicted for a moment. "Lily, you don't want to ruin your brother's reputation do you? If you wander around, people will expect something and you're associated with him."

"That has nothing to do with this certain time Scorpius. You said 'not at this time'. Tell me what's going on," she demanded. It was ironic that she was making demands, after Scorpius had just shown a clear pureriority. Lily had been afraid of those boys, but not Scorpius. He was like another big brother to her.

"I'd better walk you to the Quidditch match." He said, changing the subject. He was treating her like a child, but she wasn't a child. She might have been young, but if she wasn't going to be included in anything, she had no reason to try to help. Though, in retrospect, they probably didn't want her help, but that didn't mean they wouldn't need it.

"Scorpius!" She demanded.

"Okay, okay Lily. There's been a lot of weird activity, mostly only the Prefects and professors know about it, but there's.. something, or someone in the Forbidden Forest. And.. They're killing a lot of the creatures. They think it's a warning to us. An omen something bad is going to happen." He explained. Lily felt her mouth go dry. Creatures being killed?

"Do you believe them?" She asked, her voice wavering. Lily was a huge animal lover, the idea of the beautiful magical creatures being slaughtered hurt her heart.

"I don't know what to believe. I wrote my father about it, and he just says to let the adults handle it, but the adults aren't doing anything. He says he just hope the Dark Moon's curse isn't upon us." He said, his face instantly contorting into anger as he let something slip he wasn't supposed to.

"The Dark Moon? J-James m-mentioned the Dark moon! I-Its not real though. I-is it!?" She asked, frantic.

Angrily, Scorpius turned and started walking away, as if it was her fault. "Lily it's your first year, you need to focus on school, not on curses and legends we don't know anything about."

Lily stared after him, wishig desperately that he'd come back and tell her what was going on, but instead turned on her heel and started towards the Quidditch Pitch on her own.

"I hate everybody." Lily replied plainly, before telling them the story. She told Lorcan about what James had said, since he wasn't there.

"My dad still don't like them Malfoys. 'Specially not Scorpius, thinks he likes Rose." Hugo told her. "His dad made fun of my mom real bad, too, don't think any of them can realy forgive him."

"I don't know," Lorcan cut in. "His dad was realy mean to my mom, but she seems to have forgiven him." Of course Luna forgave him, that was so like her, at least what Lily knew of her.

After the first Quidditch game, the season took off. James' strategies were unbeatable, not to mention he was a flawless Keeper. Halloween was approaching as though it had actually appeared a month ahead of schedule.

LIly felt the entire year slipping away from her.