A Match

Author's Note: This chapter has a lot of a Tankery match in it, I've wanted to do one like this for a while so that's why. The story will have more chapters similar to what I normally do later in the story. FYI 'Michael' is just a name to represent you, the reader.

*KABOOM*

"Arno bring us to a halt!"

"Yes commander!"

"Litzke load an AP round!"

"Round up!"

"Schultz fire at will!"

"There she is, come to papa!"

*BOOM*

"Targets destroyed, good job Tigergruppe! Arno, bring us up onto that ridge! Berndt, raise the commander on the radio!"

"Yes sir!"

---Maho POV---

"Commander! Michael's trying to raise you on the radio!"

"Put it through then" Maho replied calmly.

"What's you status Michael?"

"We destroyed three enemy tanks, but my Tiger is the last tank left from my company. I'm moving up onto point 315 to get a better view of the village nearby"

"Good. It's imperative that you hold the flank. We can win here, but we need you to stop them from surrounding us"

"You got it Maho" Michael responded calmly, thinking over how he was going to hold out with just one tank...

"I'm sending you reinforcements now" Maho started "We can't spare much so one tank will have to do"

"Anything you can send is welcomed~"

"The tanks commander will contact you shortly. Maho out"

---Michael POV---

"I wonder who she sent..." Michael mused to himself as his tank maneuvered onto point 315.

"Hey Michael~" a familiar voice called over the radio

"Oh, hello Erika~" Michael replied cheerily, always happy to hear her voice.

"So you're my reinforcements?"

"Indeed I am. I'm coming up beside you now~"

Michael then stood up out of his commander hatch just in time for Erika's King Tiger to stop beside him and her to appear out of the hatch.

The pair then turned to each other and shared a smile before Erika looked away bashfully.

"Anyway. What's our objective?" Erika asked.

"We need to hold this position. But the enemy is gathering their forces in the village down there" Michael said as he gestured down the slope.

"Let's see then~" Erika mused as she examined the village through her binoculars.

She gasped at what she saw, "T-They're drinking tea!"

Michael chuckled at this and mused under his breathe "Figures~"

"They think they've won this battle already!" Erika yelled in frustration.

"Then lets prove them wrong~" Michael said, flashing Erika a confident smile as he got back into his tank.

"What's the plan!" Erika yelled over the radio, eager for a fight.

"I'll move into the village, and you cover me from here~"

"But you'll need support!"

"You can still cover me most of the way from here. Besides, one of us needs to stop any stragglers from outflanking Maho and our main force"

"Fine! You better not get into trouble though!"

"Of course I won't, you know me~"

"That's what I'm afraid of..." Erika muttered as she watched Michael's tank move down the slope and into the village...

---Timeskip---

After having entered the village destroyed nine enemy tanks, Michael's Tiger had thrown a track in a narrow street...

"Michael! What's your status!" Erika yelled through the radio.

"We've destroyed quite a few tanks but-! *BOOM* Arno help to acquire targets for Schultz! Sorry about that, we've thrown a track and are stuck in a small street, we're holding them off though! *BOOM*"

"I-I'm coming to help you!"

"No! You *BOOM* can't Erika, you need to stay there and stop any stragglers that try to *BOOM* mount a counter offensive!"

"B-But-" Erika started before Michael cut her off.

"That's an order Erika!"

"B-But I-I outrank you!" Erika yelled back .

"Then I'm asking as *BOOM* a friend! Please hold your position!"

"Uh! Fine! You better make it through though! Erika out!"

"Well, *BOOM* I think we-" Michael started before he was cut off by the sound of rubble hitting the top of the tank.

"Huh?" he mused as he tried to open his hatch "They hit a building near us! Looks like we won't be getting out anytime soon boys~"

---Timeskip---

After Kuromorimine's victory in the match, Michael and Maho's Tigers stood side by side in a field as they both sat atop their tanks.

"She  sure took some hits~" Michael mused as he rubbed his hand over the battered number '205' on the side of the turret.

"You did fight for the majority of the match after all~" Maho replied with a laugh.

"As usual~"

"That's your choice, not mine" Maho responded bluntly.

"If you say so~" Michael said casually as he shifted his gaze over to Erika, who was across the field from them directing the work being carried out on her tank.

Maho noticed Michael's staring and mused, "So when are you going to tell her how you feel?"

"I don't know what you mean" Michael replied as he looked away from Erika, feeling his face heat up.

"Yes you do" Maho said blatantly as she turned to him with a serious expression.

"So what?..."

"I can't believe it~" Maho said with a raised voice, as she began to chuckle. "You're scared!"

"N-No I'm not!"

"What, so going into a village full of enemy tanks isn't scary, but talking to her about how you feel is?~"

"There's a big difference between facing the enemies guns and doing something like that..." Michael replied with a saddened expression.

"If you say so~" Maho replied as the pair watched a black haired figure approach Erika...

"There he is again. I hope Michael can cope..." Maho thought to herself as she turned to Michael with a worried expression.

"She looks happy as ever to see him..." Michael thought to himself as he watched Erika and the Black haired guy talk and laugh with each other...

"I can't watch this..."