A Friends Curiosity

---Maho POV---

"I don't get it..." Maho muttered to herself "What has this guy got that Michael doesn't have?..."

"Hey Maho~" Erika greeted, causing Maho to gasp and jump slightly.

"H-Hey Erika, you really startled me~"

"Sorry~" Erika replied rubbing the back of her neck "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Huh?"

"You said you wanted to talk to me about something, remember?"

"Oh! Yes that's right...I wanted to talk to you about how close you're getting to Karl..."

"That's an interesting thing to want to talk about..." Erika responded with a surprised expression.

"I know, I just want to know why you like him" Maho replied bluntly.

Erika gasped upon hearing what Maho said and stuttered out, "I-I d-don't like h-him!"

"If you say so~" Maho said with a coy smile.

"F-Fine, I-I'll tell you... I've actually r-really wanted to t-talk to someone about t-this anyway..."

(Maho in head) "Finally!"

"W-Well, he always asks me how I've been going and h-he really listens to whatever problems I may have and helps me solve them no matter what~"

(Maho in head) "Michael's been doing that for years!"

"A-And he promised to help me with any of my school work that I may miss or need help doing~"

(Maho in head) "Didn't Michael help you with your major project just last week?..."

"Not to mention the fact that he's constantly complimenting me whenever I see him~ T-That feels... Really nice..."

(Maho in head) "So all the compliments Michael gives you aren't good enough?..."

"H-He's also p-pretty cute~" Erika said with wide eyes as she clasped her hands together in front of her.

Upon hearing this Maho simply rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.

"Don't you think Maho?"

"A-Ah, y-yeah s-sure..." Maho replied shakily, not knowing the best way to respond.

"So what about you Maho?"

"What do you mean?"

"How are things between you and Michael?~"

"W-What?!"

"You and Michael, you two are really close after all~"

"You've really got the wrong idea Erika!"

"Do I now?~" Erika said with a coy smile.

"He's like a brother to me!"

"Aha, if you say so~"

(Maho in head) "Well this isn't good..."

"I'm serious Erika" Maho said bluntly as Erika began chuckling to herself.

"O-Oh, s-sorry. I just thought that..."

"Well we've been friends since we were kids, and as I said, he's like a brother to me. Besides, he's got his eyes on another girl~"

"Oh. Well I hope she notices him then~"

(Maho in head) "If only..."

"That reminds me actually..." Erika started, her face heating up.

"What?"

"I-I'm thinking o-of t-telling Karl how I f-feel..."

(Maho in head) "No No No!"

"D-Do you t-think I s-should?"

"I.. I'm n-not sure..." Maho said tentatively, her mind buzzing with thoughts of how Michael would react to Erika going out with another guy...

"W-Well I-I really do l-like him~"

"B-But you've only known him for a couple of months" Maho added, grasping at straws to try and delay her confession to Karl as long as possible.

"I know but... H-He's so kind and c-caring..."

(Maho in head) "If that's all it takes... Why don't you notice Michael?!"

"The final decision is your's though..." Maho replied with a small smile.

"Yeah... Well I'll see you later Maho, I need to get home to finish some school work~" Erika said as she waved to Maho over her shoulder.

"See you later then~" Maho said with a forced smile, which faded as Erika turned away, turning into a frown.

(Maho in head) "Now I feel worse for you Michael..."