VALOR

DISCLAIMER . . .

This is the PREQUEL to my fic ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING. If you're interested in reading some good old fashioned fanfiction with a love interest, read that one first! Or you can read this story before that one, and vise-versa! It's your call! <3

╔══════════════════╗

VALOR
EXTENDED SUMMARY

╚══════════════════╝

❝I WANT TO HELP PEOPLE AND BE THE HERO I'M MEANT TO BE, BUT

❝I WANT TO HELP PEOPLE AND BE THE HERO I'M MEANT TO BE, BUT... I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT ENTAILS! SPANDEX AND SHITTY MOTIVATIONAL SPEECHES? HA, YEAH, RIGHT! ...UH, NO OFFENSE, STEVE.❞

Growing up isn't easy, no matter who you are. Every year, you're pushed, challenged, submerged into little experiences that make up who we are. Through these experiences, we learn about truths about ourselves — what makes us tick, our reasons to wake up every morning, the details about ourselves we think no one notices when they do. Growing up means accepting these truths and who you are as a person. But how do you learn to embrace your truth when you've spent an entire lifetime hiding it from the world?

For a long time, Riley O'Dair had no idea how to answer that question.

Everyone knows how the Avengers came to be: radiation, wars, minds too curious for their own good. But up until 2018, the identity of Valor and her story was a pure mystery.

Who is Valor? Why did she keep her identity a secret, and how did she manage it for so long? Where did her powers originate from? Can we trust her and her abilities to keep the world safe, or is she just another hero with too many secrets to keep? Now, it's time to finally learn.

Before she became a hero, the youngest Avenger the world came to love over the years, Riley was just a child learning how to face the consequences of her actions, between losing her parents in a tragic accident and gaining a gift never before seen in our time. She was just a kid, a little girl who was trained to hide. Hide the truth. Hide your name. Hide your face. Hide your fear. Hide if you want to survive. She held onto her truths, hiding them from the world, fearful of what people would do or think if everyone knew everything about her.

Before she was Valor, she was Agent Riley O'Dair.

This is her truth—the story of how she learned that her greatest weapon wasn't her powers, but rather, her valor.

CAST

CAMILA MENDES as RILEY "VALOR" O'DAIR
❝Yeah? I'll have you know my superpower is being a huge asshole, actually.❞

FEATURING

FEATURING . . .

JEON JUNGKOOK as ROMAN
❝Let me make myself clear. I don't like you. I tolerate you. And I want my revenge. That's the only reason why I'm helping you out. If I have to choose between you earthworms and my life, I'm choosing my life.❞

THE AVENGERS as THEMSELVES❝Avengers

❝Avengers... Assemble!❞

 Assemble!❞

○ ○ ○

DISCLAIMER This story includes canon divergence. That means some events or details in this story may not comply with what happens in the movies, whether it's big or small. You've been warned!

○ ○ ○

"At the end of the day, when we look back at this trainwreck, even I'll have to admit that these are the glory days."

This is a book in the Glory Days series — a series of fics I have written within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. You do not need to read any other books in the Glory Days series; however, characters from other books of mine within this universe are likely to be mentioned and/or make appearances in the book you are about to read.

○ ○ ○

© w0nderwriter 2019-2020

STARTED | MAY 2019
FINISHED | APRIL 2020