06 | None of Your Beeswax!

╔══════════════════╗

VALOR
vi. NONE OF YOUR BEESWAX!

╚══════════════════╝

   "IT'S NOT THAT CRAZY," defended Agent Riley O'Dair

   "IT'S NOT THAT CRAZY," defended Agent Riley O'Dair. "Come on, you can't tell me you didn't feel the sparks between them!"

   Natasha Romanoff scoffed as she waited for Tony Stark inside a Monaco hotel for the Grand Prix. The Russian remained nonchalant while speaking to the transparent girl. "I shouldn't have let you watch those movies on the plane," deflected Natasha.

   "Teen movies are good entertainment," defended Riley. "That's beside the point. Don't you think they'd be cute together?"

   "Are you seriously asking me if I think Tony Stark and Pepper Potts would be a cute couple?" Natasha lightly demanded. She shook her head. "Shouldn't you be asking me if they'd be a realistic couple?"

   Riley paused. "Well, I think they'd be cute," she mumbled. "Even if Tony is kinda eccentric..."

   "Uh-huh," dismissed Natasha, spotting Tony, Pepper, and Happy enter the packed room. "They're here now, so zip it."

   "I know the drill," sassed Riley before going silent.

   "Mr. Stark, hello," greeted Natasha. She approached them with a hardly noticeable smile. Natasha had been officially hired as Tony's new personal assistant, which was perfect for her and Riley's mission. "How was your flight?"

   "It was excellent," responded Tony coolly over the thunderous noise in the room. "Boy, it's nice to see you."

   Pepper forced a smile as a man with a large camera approached them. "When did this happen?" Pepper interrogated Tony.

   "What? You made me do it."

   "I made you do what?"

   "You quit," Tony reminded the slender blonde. "Smile. Look, right there. Stop acting constipated. Don't flare your nostrils."

   "You are so predictable," Pepper retorted as Natasha guided them throughout the room.

   Riley nearly swore very loudly when a stranger stepped on her foot. The crowded room they were in was a nightmare for someone like Riley. Not only was she particularly very small, but being invisible didn't seem to help at all.

   "You look fantastic," Tony complimented Natasha. "But that's unprofessional. What's on the docket?"

   "You have a 9:30 dinner," Natasha informed her new "boss" as they stopped at a corner table near a set of windows.