14 | Sokovia Accords

╔══════════════════╗

VALOR
xiv. SOKOVIA ACCORDS

╚══════════════════╝

   THE YEAR IS 2016, and Riley O'Dair was dying

   THE YEAR IS 2016, and Riley O'Dair was dying. Well, maybe not literally, but as of right now, she might as well have been.

   The 15-year-old's laughter rang throughout the gymnasium at the Avengers Facility. Though her raven hair was pulled into a high ponytail, it swung in her face as she keeled over with a shit-eating grin plastered on her face.

   "I think I'm crying, oh my god!" shouted Riley. Her sides were beginning to burn, but she couldn't stop laughing.

   Pietro Maximoff, on the other hand, was not amused whatsoever. "This is why everyone hates Americans. Your question doesn't even make sense!"

   Riley straightened her posture, wiping away a tear that wasn't there. "Your question doesn't even make sense," she mocked with a terrible Sokovian accent. "I asked you: If you headbang fast enough, would it sound like a helicopter? How does that not make any sense?"

   Throughout the past year, Riley O'Dair was granted the opportunity to train the newest members of the Avengers, specifically the Maximoff twins. Though their powers were remarkable, they required the most training.

   Riley often trained the twins separately because they were a distraction to one another and they needed guidance in different, almost opposite areas. Though Wanda was quick on her feet, she lacked physical strength and control over her powers. Meanwhile, Pietro excelled in combat and had a strong grip on his powers, but he lacked focus, initiative, and endurance.

   Riley was currently training Pietro while the others sought out Brock Rumlow. Yes, HYDRA was still active, and Rumlow was still on the loose. The terrorist organization was rumored to try and steal a biological chemical weapon from the Institute for Infectious Diseases in Lagos, Nigeria. Brock Rumlow was believed to be leading the operation.

   Riley was originally supposed to travel to Lagos with the team; however, she believed that Wanda needed more field experience without depending on the younger (which was something Wanda did quite often). Riley decided to send Wanda on the mission without her, leaving Valor to stay back at the HQ with Pietro to train.

   Riley wasn't too worried about Wanda. They'd been training hard, and Wanda was making exceptional progress, unlike her brother. Pietro had been falling behind, thus giving Riley even more of a reason to stay back to train him one-on-one. Riley didn't mind though. What kind of hero would she be if she didn't help her own teammates get stronger?

   The only problem was that over time, Riley and Pietro had developed a proper friendship, meaning that they got distracted more often than not.