15 | Riley's Village

╔══════════════════╗

VALOR
xv. RILEY'S VILLAGE

╚══════════════════╝

   RILEY O'DAIR KNEW FEAR

   RILEY O'DAIR KNEW FEAR. She knew it like the back of her hand. Her line of work made her feel it nearly every day. You'd think at some point, she would've learned to become desensitized to her fear by now. Then again, anyone would feel fear if they were awakened by the incredible Hulk roaring in your face, especially an 11-year-old.

   Riley laid on her back, her eyes locked on Hulk. Her entire body trembled with pain after the floor beneath her gave out just a few moments ago. She didn't know what had happened, but it was safe to assume that there was some kind of explosion. Boom.

   Riley rolled to the side as Hulk swung his enlarged fist at her. She pushed herself onto her feet, just barely able to balance herself. Her head spun after she had slammed it against the floor. She probably had a concussion, but that would have to wait. For now, Riley needed to worry about facing off with Hulk.

   They studied each other for a short moment. Hulk's beady eyes were all Bruce's, but the rage inside of them was nothing Riley had seen before. Swallowing her worries, Riley stood tall. Her courage kept her grounded. From behind Hulk, Riley could spot Natasha limping away. She wondered what had happened in the few moments she'd been knocked unconscious.

   Riley pointed her attention to a broken pipe on the floor. She lifted it with a forcefield, moving it toward Hulk and bashing the back of his head in. Instantly, Hulk's rage reignited as he furiously bellowed and sprinted toward her. Riley forged another forcefield beneath her. At the right moment, Riley leaped off of it and struck Hulk from behind once more.

   When Hulk turned to attack her again, he moved faster than Riley could comprehend. She just barely managed to work in a forcefield before he could hit her, but Hulk didn't appreciate that. He slammed his fists against it aggressively, attempting to destroy it. Just when Riley felt herself giving in, Thor went flying through a wall, taking the Hulk down with him.

   Catching her breath, Riley moved without hesitation as she spoke into her comm. "Has anyone reported... reported a Code Green?" she asked. She peered through the new hole in the wall, watching as Thor and Hulk duked it out. "Because if they haven't, I'm reporting it now!"

   "GRENADE!" Maria Hill shouted from her end. Riley flinched at the explosion on their end. She figured she wouldn't get any information from them soon.

   Riley moved to rejoin the fight to restrain Hulk; however, she grew distracted by someone sneaking up on her. She turned to engage with the stranger, only to falter when she realized the stranger was Roman. With a glare, she hissed, "What the hell are you doing?"