Karren Von Rosewald

It had been a long and hard day of work. Kanae was being rude and heartless towards you as always, which only added onto the heart ache you had.

He was the only person who hadn't treated you equally as he did with the others. In his eyes, you were a weak, helpless sheep that could not protect itself. You wanted to change that since day one, which was why you had joined the Tsukiyama Family.

The day you had joined, it immediately felt like home, not a soul - apart from one - had been hostile or uncivil. You were treated as an equal.

Today was one of the days where you made your training intense. As a servant, you always had something to do. Things like washing the dishes or dusting a few forgotten corners of the mansion were your daily jobs, but in the little spare time you had, you focused on training. You needed to become stronger. And what other way than to train as hard as you can?

You had been training for about two hours now, and your legs were feeling weaker than before. Deciding to give yourself a two-minute break, your body immediately collapsed. You were on all fours on the ground, breathing heavily as sweat rolled down your face.

From the corner of your eye you saw a figure move in the shadows. You brushed your hair out of your face and looked up.

Your eyes met the judging ones of Kanae. He was standing there like a greek god, arms crossed and a scowl on his beautiful features. He was too beautiful to be a man.

His scowl grew larger, his lips opened and spat out a few words which always made bits of your determination crumble.

"You're weak. Worthless. What have you done for the family to be here? No one believes in you, just give up and leave." As soon as he said that, he began to walk away, a side smirk plastered onto his lips as he saw the rage i your eyes.

For a second he looked away, which made you think he wouldn't look back. But he did, and when he did, he noticed the sorrow and frown on your face. A single tear rolled down your cheek but you were quick enough to wipe it away and stand up again.

Your legs were shaking after all the intense training you went through, your knees were decorated in bruises which you covered up with dark tights, your arms had scratches from all the falling, but nothing was as bad as being told you're weak and worthless after all the things you have done to make progress.

"I'm.. I am not-t..weak." You managed to whisper out, you knew Kanae had heard you as his lips tightened into a straight line, and his eyes widened dangerously.

"How dare you speak up to me you- you lowlife hermit, you worthless piece of-"

"How dare you speak like that to me? You don't know anything about me yet you open your trashy mouth and speak bad of me. What have I ever done to you huh? Tell me! TELL ME!"

Your voice echoed throughout the never-ending garden. Your orbs had changed, your body was fuming with anger as you tried to control yourself.

"Do you know me to speak so bad of me? Have you not learned anything during your stay here?" You asked, looking up and seeing the surprised face of Kanae made something pull at your heart strings.

Your kakugan blared dimly in the moonlight, but it was clear as daylight that you were a half ghoul, some kind of walking curse.

"What are you looking at?! Did your mum not teach you any manners? Well I'll do it for her then!" You screamed and charged at Kanae, the poor boy was too slow to react, which ended up with him being choked by your arms, his hands clawing at them.

As he was struggling for air, his eyes turned too, showing his sheer panic. His kagune shot out through his own stomach before striking yours. The pain wasn't that bad, you have asked Matsumae to train you as if she were your enemy, so one hole in the stomach was nothing. However quite a lot of blood spilled out of your lips, onto Kanae.