Shinobu Kochou (M!Reader)

A/n: Next up Kokushibo crackfic

Your fingers gently brushed through her raven-purple hair, a content sigh leaving her lips as she snuggled closer to your chest in her sleep, a small smile tugging at her lips.

She was beautiful, precious, sweet. Everything you ever wished for in a girl. She was your light, she brought out the good in you and loved you when nobody else would. She made you laugh and cry, and feel so much more.

The sun rays were what awoke her, a displeased grunt left her lips as her eyes slowly opened, the purple hues staring right at your chest.

"You're finally awake?" You asked, looking down at her smaller form, grinning widely from her adorableness. She looked up at you and smiled gently, wrapping her arms around your back.

"Yes. How long have you been awake?" Shinobu asked, placing her ear next to your heart, listening to its slow beating rhythm. A quiet snicker escaped your lips before you muttered out an answer.

"An hour or two?" You quietly questioned, there was no clock in the room you two were currently in, so there was no way of checking. Time here was nonexistent.

She unwrapped her arms and sat up, stretching before she stood up and stared at you. "You maybe want to get dressed, I'll be going to the mission today." She said and sighed, beginning to get dressed.

A few minutes later you were out of your room, heading towards Okayata's to wait for Shinobu.

Some time passed and before you knew, it was noon. Shinobu stepped out and looked around, noticing your slumped body by the door, napping peacefully.

"Wake up!" She said loudly and smacked your face gently, successfully waking you up from your slumber.

"I'll be going to the mission now, promise me you won't die during any of yours, okay?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed as a glint of worry shone in her eyes.

An amused chuckle escaped your mouth before you nodded and stood up, kissing her deeply.

"Only if you promise to not die either." You said, and with that Shinobu went off, skipping slightly as she thought of her newly assigned mission.

Days passed by rather slowly, crows flying from place to place as you fidgeted nervously, waiting for your love to come back home, back to the safety you could offer her.

But the longer you waited, the more hope you lost.

She's probably dead.
She's not coming back.

Your thoughts repeated themselves, cluthing and grasping at your fragile heart. There was not a night spent without you shedding tears.

Until two weeks later a crow arrived, with news that broke your already pained heart.

"Kochou Shinobu died a painful, slow death. But her sacrifice will never be forgotten as she defeated a Lower Moon." Her crow had said, at a loss for words you sat there and cried, feeling like your whole purpose in life disappeared.

"She'll be watching over me from up there.. " You whispered to yourself, a lone tear falling down as you finally calmed down.

"Watch over me and take care of me please." You quietly asked as you prayed and sighed shakily, a small smile making its way onto your face.

She played an important role in your life, helping in shaping you into the person you became.