Kamado Tanjiro

"I fail everyone." Tanjiro said huskily as tears streamed down his face. The usual angelic smile that graced his features was gone, replaced by a scowl as all his negative thoughts poured out.

"You don't Tanjiro, you've never failed me." You said comfortingly, brushing your fingers gently through his hair as his head layed on your lap.

The moon made the tear stains glisten, adding onto his ethereal beauty. He was gorgeous, and it almost made you feel jealous.

Almost.

"I couldn't protect Nezuko or the rest of my family. Maybe if I stayed I could have-" He rambled on and on, making you cringe as he began to babble out gibberish.

"If you stayed you would have died and Nezuko would have been decapitated by Giyuu-san." You said gently yet harshly, juxtaposing the way you spoke.

Tanjiro shut his mouth up and let out a cute sniffle, wiping his tears away with his sleeve.

Silence consumed the two of you as he began to get lost in his thoughts. You didn't mind of course, being in love with him made you want to do anything that would make him happy.

He knew you adored him, the way your scent changed the moment he'd step into a room you were in, the way a loving and affectionate smell surrounded you whenever your E/C eyes gazed at him. It was all obvious to him.

He yawned and snuggled into your lap, his small sniffles had decreased in number in just a few minutes, and his tears stopped flowing.

He was thankful to have a person like you in his life. Someone who could bring his mood back up whenever he felt down, someone who could talk common sense into his head.

"Thank you for being here for me Y/N-san, you're a great person to be around, and I love you too." He said sweetly, making a wild ruby red blush appear on your cheeks.

You laughed and shook your head, continuing to tangle your fingers in his maroon hair.

"I'm happy to be here for you Tanjiro-kun."