Chapter 1: Their Long Walk

Hisoka Morow was strong, resilient, compelling, slightly pervy but all around charming. He knew exactly how to make some beg for their lives and others drop to their knees. He fought hard to keep his reputation one to be feared. Sure at times he was reckless and let his lust for killing over power what was supposed to be smooth kills but he always found a way to do whatever he wanted with grace.

And so, with all this elegance, why hell was he so nervous. Why was he parched for words. Why was he the one who felt some fear. Sitting at the damn finest restaurant, one he made sure to make reservations for, a month in advance, with the finest steak and wine. A lovely array of lighting, decor, and music tied the whole atmosphere together. Of course none of this was relevant to Hisoka. Why would it be? He had the love of his life sitting right across from him.

Illumi Zoldyck was the man he had so quickly grew fond of and spent months trying to get by his side. Now they've had 3 wonderful, devious, and overall loving years together. Hisoka finally worked up the courage (somehow he found him self at a scarce supply) to ask the question that would bring them even closer. Hisoka's wanted this for a long time although he knew Illumi needed his time, but he was worth a million years and Hisoka reminded him this constantly.

"I don't think I can do dessert." Illumi broke the pleasant silence.

"Hmmm, but you're always one for a sweet treat." Hisoka smirked and leaned into his hand.

"Oh please, I've never had that much of a sweet tooth, not even when I was younger." Illumi rolled his eyes while wiping his mouth with his napkin.

"Is that why you sneak down at night to steal cookies from the cupboard." Hisoka teased.

"I- don't know what you're talking about..." Illumi opted for a drink of his wine instead of putting up a defense.

The waiter came with the bill and Hisoka snatched it before Illumi could even glance at it. After finishing their last bites and paying, the pair headed out into the cool, clear night. This particular night seemed to be blessing them with little noise pollution making it an eerie romantic mood.

"Let's go get ice cream. There's a stand right around the block." Hisoka offered.

"Hmmm, I suppose." Illumi started walking.

Hisoka spared only the time it took to walk far enough from the restaurant to grab Illumi's hand and intertwine it with his. This was one of there first romantics gestures they'd ever shared together. As much as he'll deny it, Hisoka knew Illumi was quite fond of small touches like this.

The two walked hand in hand, leaning into each other as they shared jokes and basked in the others company. Soon enough they were almost to the ice cream stand. It stood alone right next to the sandy beach, almost in its own universe. The beach was across the street from the big city, which the two had shared dinner, and was often over looked as busy people of the city never seemed to have time for it. But on nights like this, the ocean almost demanded attention. The waves were now clearly heard as it crashed against the tan sand. The full moon complimented the blue waters in all its glory, giving the most picturesque scene.

Illumi ordered a small vanilla cone and Hisoka ordered strawberry.

"Our first date was here." Hisoka said as they sat at a near by picnic table.

"Is that so? I can hardly remember." Illumi started on his ice cream, sitting next to the red haired man.

"Yes, you had just finished a job and needed a pick-me-up." Hisoka continued.

"Oh right, and I said coffee and you said 'no I know this one place that's really good'  and I agreed thinking maybe it'd be a bar but instead you take me to the fluffiest little stand."