Chapter 4.5: Bonus

[This has been in the drafts since the first date chapter and I thought since it's been awhile since I updated a bonus was needed.
This is after the first date but before the first kiss. Just a little extra, nothing that particularly adds to the plot. It's cannon to this story but over all is just here to be cute. I'll be moving back to the top once enough people have seen that it's here.]

**********************

Illumi paced back and forth in his oversized bedroom in his oversized house that was known as the Zoldyck Mansion.

Just ask him. Oh, he'll do anything with you, why would he say no?

Illumi's mind was racing. He wanted to ask out a man who he'd sworn he hated. As much as every fiber in his being didn't want it to be true, Illumi couldn't keep denying every little flutter his heart got when he thought of  the man. He couldn't ignore the small tinge of pain he felt when they had to leave or the warmth he felt when they were together.

They had only met a few other times to mainly help each other with jobs that they thought were to mundane to do alone. Only once did they meet outside of a job which was a while ago. It was the only time they were ever together out side of work and Illumi wanted more than that. He knew Hisoka did too but what was he supposed to say.

Will you go out with me. No too obvious. Let's go hiking. No that sounds weird. Hey I like you. No I can't say that. What am I? 12!

Illumi sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

Fuck this. I don't care.

He took out his phone a proceeded on a very simple text to Hisoka.

{Illumi}: Plans with someone else to go hiking have fallen through. You can either come with me instead or I'll find someone else.

Perfect. By lying and giving a vibe that he didn't really care was the idea perfect in his Zoldyck mind.

Hisoka's response was fairly quick.

{Hisoka}: If it's a date you want than you only need to say so. Where will we be going?
-♠️♥️♠️

Illumi rolled his eyes. He decided he'd ignore that first line proceeding to text Hisoka the time and place. He hated to admit the nerves he was getting.

***

Illumi leaned against the hood of his car looking up at the sky. He was waiting in the parking lot for Hisoka. He heard birds in the near distance of the forest. He could hear children heading to one of the lodges, giddy and gleeful. Illumi's lips curved slightly and closed his eyes. He recollected on the times of his childhood where he was just as happy and carefree. Because it wasn't very often, he clutched onto the memories for dear life.

"He does have a smile."

Illumi opened his eyes and looked back down. There Hisoka stood some feet away from him. Illumi stared at his perfect posture, he wore a loose windbreaker that was a pale blue, and a white tee underneath. He wore plain black shorts and surprisingly left his heels at home, opting for a pair of stylish sneakers.

"Are you done? You're free to stare at me all you want but we don't have all day." Hisoka teased.

"Oh please," Illumi pushes himself of the car, "lets go find a map."

"Okay." He chirped back.

The two walked side by side to a little building, where a man behind a window sold them a map. Illumi unfolded it just as they were about to start the trail.