Chapter 11: Their First Argument

And just like that, Hisoka and Illumi had faded. Not in the literal sense, obviously, but if literal is what would be preferred as an explanation, then one would say the 'and' has disappeared. There is Hisoka. There is Illumi. Existing in the same world but not the ones tailored to themselves.

One month ago they had their first time and Illumi left a bed of warmth for a bed of ice. He left a fiery man who was willing to whisper sweet nothings into his ear for as long as he liked for a family of icicles waiting for one slip up as permission to come crashing down on him.

It wasn't willingly of course. He had just woken up to what he assumed was the early morning, sliding closer to the warm body next to him, he heard the notification. It was very quite to untrained ears but it rang out in his. He almost never got texts unless it was from the the handsome man who lie fast asleep next to him. Reluctantly, he slithered out of bed to the cursed device that rouse him.

It was a message from Milluki, rather a warning. It would seem their father is rather angry at him for his constant absences. Of course his younger brother also mention that he now owes him one. Illumi rolled his eyes, which rolled right to the sleeping figure in bed. He smiled at the relaxed Hisoka, not being able to bring himself to wake him. He figured he'd return home, ease his father's suspicions, then in a few days he'd be able to go out again. He would just have to call the older man in the meantime. So he left with out a sound.

He returned to the manner, however, before he could even get up the stairs, he was stopped by a butler who looked overcome with dread at being the courier for this message.

"Master Illumi, Master and Head of House, Silva would like to speak with you."

A similar dread crept into the eldest son, "What could father want?"

It was a rhetorical question, because he knew full well what he could want but the butler, was taking no chances of messing up and answered anyways, "I believe he wishes to speak with you about your recent absences."

Illumi sighed, "Tell him I'll be there in a bit, I have some business to attend to."

"I'm sorry but I'm told it's urgent."

He rolled his eyes, letting out a scoff of irritation, mainly to distract from his worry of knowing what the conversation would be about. He thought about killing the servant to blow some steam, but that would likely bring him more trouble. Instead he brushed right past her to start his decent to the lions den.

All he wanted to do was take a long shower, one that could have been shared with another but that would be a bit too much to ask for he supposed.

He walked in the room prepared for one parent but not both. Silva didn't look fazed by his sudden appearance though his mother took to a different method. She gasped, then turned to whisper into Silva's ear (something nasty, Illumi was sure) to which the brute finally looked up.

Illumi had no choice but to quickly readjust the excuses he made up for his absences to now convince his father as well as his mother. How he just wanted to curl up into a ball in the ground.

Silva was the first to speak, "Welcome back."

It was true, since his recent endeavors with Hisoka his presence at the estate has been dwindling to a dangerous scarcity. Even so, there was no need to be this dramatic. He stayed silent knowing his father would drag this conversation longer than it needed to be.