CHAPTER 13 - Everything Is Going To Be Fine, Right?

All of the DEO was in front of Ferrier's house.

"I pick up two signatures on the basement. They're here", said Winn in Alex's hear piece. "I mean for someone who's been planning this for a year, using his own house is not really smart."

"Exactly, we don't know what to expect, everyone be careful", said Alex before nodding to the agent next to her so he would break the front door down.

Everyone else was watching the scene from the agents' cameras back in the DEO. Lena put an arm around her daughter's shoulder, without saying a word. Nothing needed to be said.

The agents progressed through the house, quickly but quietly. Unfortunately, in the basement, Ferrier knew they were coming. He approached Kara with a syringe:

"Honestly, deep down I knew this is how it was going to end."

He smiled at Kara before sinking the syringe into her arm. Kara felt the liquid spread into her blood even though she had no idea what it was. The door from the basement opened to Alex, who asked the man to put the syringe down:

"The harm has been done", he said before taking a gun, pointing it to his head and pressed the trigger.

Alex didn't had time to react before Kara screamed in pain. She ran to her sister and untied her, calling the other agents to take her back to the DEO. Kara's vision was blurry and she felt like her blood was boiling. It felt like kryptonite, only worst.

***

When they arrived at the DEO, Kara was sweating, screaming, and squirming in pain. She was put in the med bay and Alex was by her side to figure out what was going on. She took a sample of blood and asked her mother to see if she could find anything. Alex prepared a sedative to help Kara with the pain and turned on the yellow sun lights. Lena and Laura stayed by her side while Alex joined her mother.

They came back in Kara's room with results:

"Do you know what's going on with her?" asked Lena.

"It appears to be some kind of mix between kryptonite and acid."

"Acid?"

"Her blood is literally boiling inside."

"Okay, so do something!"

"We are not sure we can. Even if we could find an antidote, she doesn't have much time."

Lena was starting feel tears coming down her cheeks when Laura said:

"Use my blood."

"We can't create an antidote from your blood", said Alex.

"No, but we can do an exchange transfusion. Remove her blood, transfuse her mine to replace it. I mean there won't be any compatibility problem."

"It could work", said Alex, "but it will leave you both really weak for a while."

"Doesn't matter."

"All right then. We need to hurry, we don't have much time."

Alex prepared all the equipment for the transfusion while her mother went outside to tell everyone what was happening. Lena stayed next to Kara, one hand on hers and the other holding her daughter's.

When everything was set, Alex prepared Kara and Eliza, Laura. Barry and Nora had joined in the room. Laura felt a little pinch when the kryptonite syringe entered her skin.

"It's probably not the right time to ask this, but what is going to happen to me if this doesn't work?" asked Laura looking at Barry.

He looked around, saw that everyone was excepting him to answer and said:

"Well, if Kara doesn't survive, you are going to be whipped out of existence."

"Not cool", said Nora.

"But why hasn't already happen?", responded Laura. "I mean, in the future, I don't exist, why I am not already whipped out?"

"Well, I'm far from being an expert, but from what I understood from the Legends, history needs time to set. And maybe it means that everything is going to work out okay."

Laura nodded, feeling herself getting weaker already. She closed her eyes and put her head on Lena's shoulders.

"Is everything going okay?", she asked.

"For now, yes. But we need to monitor Kara's vitals. If there is a sign the acid is still in her body, we're going to take Laura's IV out or Kara's body is going to drain all of Laura's blood."

For the next hour, Alex and her mother monitored both Kara and Laura's vitals to make sure everything was going okay. Which it was. Alex was confident that everything was going to be okay. She stepped out of Kara's room to go in the main room of the DEO where everyone else was waiting.

"It's not over yet but everything seems to work fine for now."

Everyone sighed of relief. Sam got near Alex and hugged her:

"Are you okay?"

"I was just really scared. But I think it's going to be fine now."

"Good. Because this is not how I imagined our second date."

Alex chuckled and looked in Sam's eye. She took a quick look at her lips and it was Sam's turn to smile. She moved one hand on Alex's back to get her closer and kissed her. It was perfect until Winn shouted:

"I knew it!"

Everyone laughed, feeling the tension of the past hours fall down.

***

When Kara opened her eyes, she saw Laura laying in the bed next to her. Her heartbeat fasten as she thought of what could have happen to her. Hearing the heartbeat monitor going off, Alex entered the room, panicking a little bit. When she realized her sister was awake she called the others.

"What happened? Is Laura okay?"

"Everyone is fine. It's a long story but you were poisoned, we had to transfuse you a lot of Laura's blood. She's just resting."

"Thank Rao. Did we get the bad guy?"

"We did."

"How are you feeling?", asked Lena, sitting next to her.

"Weak, but alive."

"Maybe we should give you a moment", said Barry. "Glad to see you're alive Supergirl."

The rest of them left, leaving Lena and Kara in the room.

"Kara, I'm so sorry-", started Lena before Kara cut her short and put her hand on Lena's.

"Don't, don't apologize."

"I was my fault, I-"

Kara chuckled:

"Lena, you know when I apologize too much and you tell me that I shouldn't and that I should stop? Well, it's your turn to stop apologizing."

Lena smiled:

"Fine. Kara, I need to talk to you. I mean if you're up to, of course."

"As long as it doesn't involve me getting up, I can listen and talk."

"I realized something when you were kidnapped. You know what they say, it's when you lose the people you care about that you really realize how much they meant to you. Well, I was lucky enough not to lose you completely, but it still made me realize that I can't live without you. And I don't want to. Kara, I love you and I don't want to lose you ever again."

Kara smiled and took a couple of seconds before answering:

"I would love to kiss you right now but moving hurts too much."

Lena chucked:

"We have all the time in the world for that."